4/9/02 practice

GT Adamni

Flats Noob
I always plan on making these short, but then I start typing and don't want to leave anything out, so I just keep going. That's the plan for today, so we'll see.
smile.gif

-Dorsey was back in practice today after sitting out the scrimmage on Saturday. He didn't seem to be limping hardly at all, so I guess his ankle is doing better. Butler is still sitting out with the hamstring injury. Dixon wasn't at practice. Not sure why. Hall obviously wasn't out there.

-The offense looked pretty good today...at least better than they did in the scrimmage on Saturday.

-Both Bilbo and Suggs played fairly well. Suggs had a TD pass to Smith that he just threw up there and let him go get. He had really nice touch on the passes for the endzone while in the redzone offense. In the 2 minute drill Suggs threw an INT when he was pressured and he kind of tried to throw it away. Unfortunately for the offense he tried to throw it to an open area in the middle of the field and, guess who, Rhino was able to scoop it just before it hit the ground and make the catch.

-Bilbo had a TD on an option keeper from about 15 yards out. Man, he just has this burst of speed when he sees the opening on the option, and nobody was able to get to him. He also had a TD pass of about 60 yards to Levon Thomas in the 2 minute drill. That came on the last play of practice today.

-Rhino also had another INT that he ran back for the score. He just stepped in front of a pass from Camp near the sideline, and he was off to the races. He's really playing well this spring. That is his 4th (at least, maybe more) interception.

-As for the running backs, Clinkscale and Hollings got most of the carries since Dixon wasn't out there. Tony didn't fumble today, which is an improvement since he's put it on the carpet quite a bit so far. He seemed to have both hands over the ball almost every time he ran.

-Well, maybe this one actually will be shorter today. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to practice tomorrow, but I'm gonna try.

-Again, questions may help spur my memory!
grin.gif

Well, it's a little bit harder to tell how the lines are doing in practice than the QBs, RBs, WRs, etc. because they obviously don't have the ball. Plus, I just haven't watched them as closely. If I make it to practice today I will try to pay more attention to them.

As for the linebackers, Matthew Etheridge has played pretty well. Anthony Lawston and some of the others have made some plays, too. It's tough to tell who makes the tackles sometimes because there is usually a pile of defenders right there. I'll try to watch the linebackers a little bit more closely, too.

Who are the backup LB which look good so far in
camp?
Is Billy or Parker looking better as far as red-shirted DT??

Any comments on the backups at on the OL or DB?

I think our first team will be great, but to win
you need a solid 2nd team.

Back