485 yards, 26 or so first downs, TOP advantage...

CrackerJacket

Flats Noob
...yet we only score 10 points off of 6 possessions
inside the UMD 30 yardline. And the defense sleeps
through the third quarter letting UMD pull away.

Injuries, penalties, dropped passes, schizophrenic
play calling...

We've looked into the abyss folks and its not
pretty.

I've got to lay this one on poor play calling on
the short field (inside the 30) and a lackluster
defensive effort in the second half.

The GT flag still flies on the front of my house
but I'm not happy.
frown.gif

In the 2nd half, there was a lack of competitive fire. That ultimately cost us the game. I think we knew what plays they were running. We just didn't run up and make the sure tackle. I think the loss of Fox had something to do with that. Also, without Gathers, our D-line is mediocre.

It's frustrating, but we'll live to see another day.

The fire is gone.WITH the best players this team would be competitive every week.Not dominant,only competitive.WITHOUT them ,it is a struggle of momumental proportions.
Of course, the coaching has a lot to do with the results.TO be honest,I saw last nite some inspired and varied play calling on the Offense,only the execution was poor.(Which may be like dressing a pig in a silk gown,it is still a pig.)Also,If you didn't know what a capable and dynamic QB means to a team,you do now and how meaningless many stats are.
On DEF,without Fox, 2 of 3 best Def players are gone.What can you say?We are paying the price for recruiting 6 QBs and not enough big lineman.
THE highlight of the game was the fake punt.Too bad, AGAIN it didn't mean any points.
THe good news is we now may be equal to Duke in Basketball.The bad,also in football.
Life goes on.

Back