"51-7".....part 2...we quit on the field

I think there may be room for the consideration of a program at TECH that would be more conducive with the potential pro-athlete. I am still pushing for an athletic sports management program. There is a present need and it could easily be assimilated in the management program. I would defer to ND-Jacket but choose the simplest math and if Physics is necessary maybe algebra based physics would be appropriate. A side note; how does Auburn do it. They get first class athletes with an engineering program.

Auburn does the same way UGA or for that matter Stanford do iit.

They offer crap majors as well as academically redeemable stuff.

Auburn does the same way UGA or for that matter Stanford do iit.

They offer crap majors as well as academically redeemable stuff.

Except Stanford hasn't really been a better program than us except when they had Luck. See if it lasts another four years; it likely won't.

And lol auburn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

"Never been more frustrated with a team. I couldn't will them to want to play. It falls on me" yada yada yada I'm sure I wont sleep much yada yada yada.

So what's the insight bor? Why did the players come out like this? What got GT to yesterday?
Twitter ban?
DC who tears down but doesn't build young men up?
Players who see the position change that should be made but isn't?
Faction(s) on team?
School workload ( midterms)?

Having a good football team means your degree suffers. There is no having good academics and athletics. When I went for job interviews I was turned away because somebody let Joe Burns in way back when.

I gotta call bs on this. You actually got a job rejection because joe burns was allowed to matriculate at GT?

So what's the insight bor? Why did the players come out like this? What got GT to yesterday?
Twitter ban?
DC who tears down but doesn't build young men up?
Players who see the position change that should be made but isn't?
Faction(s) on team?
School workload ( midterms)?

all of the above imo.

Too much external negativity surrounding this program. When your high school coaches, family, own fans, local media, and everyone else is telling you, "You can't do this. It will not work. Not talented enough. High school offense. Joke conference. Won't make it to the NFL." It takes serious on-the-field leadership to overcome that. This team flat out does not have that.

I don't know about most of 33s questions, but I'll answer the oLine question.
Yes, it's the best
One kid didn't quit- finch
He was puking on the sideline , would drink more powerade, wash his mouthpiece off and go back in.
Continued to puke. He didn't quit but I think most on this board would have under similar circumstances.
J Thomas didn't quit either.

Except Stanford hasn't really been a better program than us except when they had Luck. See if it lasts another four years; it likely won't.

And lol auburn.

Agree on Stanford. Just wanted to point out the fact that they offer crappy majors just like factories do.

I left the game last week pissed. I left this week embarrassed. I agree that most of the guys quit, but I do have to defend a couple of guys. Jay Finch was puking his guts out on the sideline and continued to play his ass off. He wasn't super effective, but he was out there despite filling up a trash can with puke. Got to give him some credit. Also I thought Izaan cross played with some heart out there today. This whole season he has played multiple positions and played a ton of snaps for a 300 pounder. I'm fed up with this coaching staff, don't get me wrong, but lets not piss on all of the student athletes out there.

Refreshing! Glad you can recognize the value of the guys giving their best.

Julian Burnette was on the sideline.

He is still an important emotional leader to this team.

I assume this means he still believes.

He could not get the guys fired up.

Why not?

The defense quit. But the offense didn't. Tevin isn't talented enough to pass his way to a win. He needs to sit and let Vad start working the learning curve.

Groh can go now. He obviously doesn't know how to coach against a hurry up offense. That is all we are going to see the rest of the year.

Barnes can go back to being a backup if he doesn't want to play through a little pain.

And the whole freaking D can spend the next two days doing tackling drills. They haven't done ---- in the last two games other than giving up a kilometer of offense. L

et someone elsemake the play calls and see how they do.

But I haven't given up on PJ. He needs to be more hands on on the defense. You are the head coach, lead the TEAM.

Yes, that is probably true about being mediocre more often than not. I don't see wanting to not let football drive the academic decisions of our elite university as being snobby though. You don't go to Gt for the football program, you go for its academic reputation.

And the school down the road in Athens is a joke everywhere except in Georgia and gets ten players arrested every offseason.

I hate to break the news to you, but folks that I meet do not think of UGA the same way we do. UGA does not have as bad of an academic reputation as Tech fans like to portray.

I hate to break the news to you, but folks that I meet do not think of UGA the same way we do. UGA does not have as bad of an academic reputation as Tech fans like to portray.

Yea, I always laugh when I read that. They're considered a good school everywhere else (and that's not to say that I disagree).

It has an excellent reputation in Georgia and probably some of the other SEC states. Not so much anywhere else.

It is not in the same league as GT in Georgia or anywhere else, unless you are talking to a Georgia graduate or football fan of course.

That is public schools, and we're #7 on that same list. They're #63 overall in the US. That is not very good.

We're #36 and when you look at the rankings of our main programs (engineering, CS, etc.) we're Top 10 if not Top 5. The reason we are not higher overall is our limited number of offerings...and there's no reason to see that as a problem.

I suppose it depends on how you define "joke". I was probably a bit harsh (it is U[sic]GA afterall). They are a first tier university to be sure. But they're not a "best in the nation" type school like Georgia Tech. No school with a consistently good football program is.

That is public schools, and we're #7 on that same list. They're #63 overall in the US. That is not very good.

We're #36 and when you look at the rankings of our main programs (engineering, CS, etc.) we're Top 10 if not Top 5. The reason we are not higher overall is our limited number of offerings...and there's no reason to see that as a problem.

I suppose it depends on how you define "joke". I was probably a bit harsh (it is U[sic]GA afterall). They are a first tier university to be sure. But they're not a "best in the nation" type school like Georgia Tech. No school with a consistently good football program is.

Huh?

Wouldn't Michigan Wisconsin and penn state generally be considered consistently good programs? Dude sometimes you type the oddest things. Michigan is the winningest program ever as competitive as gt in engineering, embraces football, has a wide degree offering and better than tech in almost every facet.

Sorry, i thought you said we needed to add a new major that didn't require calculus. That must have been someone else.

I would honestly be more open to changing the football exceptions as long as it didn't mean a higher rate of failing out. Do you think that with lower admissions standards we would still be able to keep players eligible? I thought we changed the admissions standards because a lot of players failed.

A lot of players failed because the dumb bitch in charge of academic oversite of athletes stuck it to gt. she was fired. It was not just football that failed out. Oleary never has that problem because he hawked his guys.

And to the person that posted we couldn't keep the players eligible you have no clue. At all. Of course we could. Each has dedicated free Tudors and there is plenty done that letting in kids below the current line that we used to let in back in 2000 would have no problem staying eligible. We did it all through the 90s under rice and kids graduated. What u r repeating is the hill coppout of grabbing more hold of admissions post 2003.

Back