51-7

Axe

Flats Noob
I hope that score is painted all over the GT football program this offseason. On the practice field, in the weight room, and on T-shirts for that matter.

I'm not talking about revenge, I'm talking about being the best we can be. I've never been a fan that cared about wins or losses. I only hope that my team plays harder and smater than the other guy on a consistent basis. As much pain as I felt after the '97 UGA game, I've never been more proud of GT football. We had no business playing with that football team, but we did it through shear guts.

Remember 51-7, it doesn't mean we are going to kill the Dawgs the next time we meet or that Mark Richt lacked class for running up the score. We sufferred through 51-7 because we lacked emotion and toughness. We may lose 51-7 again but it won't be because the other guy outworked us or wanted it more. That is my hope. I won't forget.

Axe I agree with everything you said here except for the fact that Mark Richt ran up the score. I am sick an tired of hearing everyone say that.

He had his second and third team offense out there giving them a chance to play and they were executing against our first team defense and if we can't stop second and third string then maybe we need to look at our team a little closer. One of my Georgia buddies, who is a die hard fan, told me he did not know who Gabriel Galt was before he caught a pass against us in the fourth quarter. That should tell you something. We did the same thing last season against Navy when we won 70-7. We had the second and third string in there playing and they were executing and playing to get the experience.

Mark Richt is a very classy man and would never intentionally run the score up. Correct me if I am wrong but when I think of running up the score I think of throwing deep passes, running fake field goals, and keeping the first team in there the whole time just to get points on the board.

I hate Georgia as much as the rest of us but they are very lucky to have a coach with as much class and character as Mark Richt.

We need to put this whole running the score up issue to bed.

JD

I don't think UGAg ran up the score. Also, it was the job of the GT defense to stop anything in red and for the most part we could not do this. Failure to accomplish stopping the Mutts caused the score.
pat.gif
pat.gif

Also, CMR ,imho, feels that running up the score would come back to bite him in the future.
lightningzap.gif

These are just my thoughts and could be subject to anyone's personal interpretation.
rolleyes.gif

I was one of those who posted earlier complaining about CMR running up the score... but now must admit that I was wrong...

I have watched that game 4 times now, and once the game was in hand, the play calling (with the exception of the throw to the end zone) was pretty vanilla... they just simply hit us in the mouth and ran over us plain and simple.. we didnt respond....

Originally posted by JacketDude:
Axe I agree with everything you said here except for the fact that Mark Richt ran up the score. I am sick an tired of hearing everyone say that.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I did not say Mark Richt ran up the score. He is all class. Please re-read what I said:

"Remember 51-7, it doesn't mean we are going to kill the Dawgs the next time we meet or that Mark Richt lacked class for running up the score. We sufferred through 51-7 because we lacked emotion and toughness."

I was just stressing that this is not about revenge. UGA showed up played good tough football and beat us because we played with no emotion and toughness, not because Mark Richt ran up the score.

51-7 has everything to do with GT and what we control.

Back