7-year contract

Dudes a ööööing salesman, almost surprised we didn't get a Hewitt perpetual contract, before he's won any games.

How many Orange Bowls this guy gonna take us to in 7 years.

I hope this is not a rebuild to mediocrity.

I think this is largely an indictment on where our current talent level is at. We didn't have trouble with the last "transition" because we had guys like Jonathan Dwyer, Josh Nesbitt, Bey Bey, Morgan Burnett, and an NFL defensive line in Michael Johnson, Darryl Richard, Derrick Morgan, and Vance Walker.

I think this is largely an indictment on where our current talent level is at. We didn't have trouble with the last "transition" because we had guys like Jonathan Dwyer, Josh Nesbitt, Bey Bey, Morgan Burnett, and an NFL defensive line in Michael Johnson, Darryl Richard, Derrick Morgan, and Vance Walker.
Part of which CGC recruited. Coincidence? I think not

Duration of the contract is interesting. Any details on the buyout?

More concerned that he’s getting the support needed ($$$) to get quality coordinators. Can’t be shopping in the scratch and dent section.

Years don’t matter, buyout matters.

Barring injury, we’ve got good enough players to go 4-4 in the ACC running any system. Oliver is a good RPO qb.

I expect to see alot of those abacks on ST. So an uptick on ST speed.

I expect next years class is going to be heavy on linemen and not a highly ranked class. Hope to see something the year after that.

How many Orange Bowls this guy gonna take us to in 7 years.

I hope this is not a rebuild to mediocrity.

3 orange bowls, and then 1 peach and 1 sugar the years the semifinals are there. Not sure three playoff teams in seven years will be enough though. The bar is set very high at GT.

3 orange bowls, and then 1 peach and 1 sugar the years the semifinals are there. Not sure three playoff teams in seven years will be enough though. The bar is set very high at GT.
We are elite öööööööööööö.

I’m fully on board with seven years. Dabo, Monken, Leach, Briles, etc. all took 3-4 years to start winning at an elite level once their systems were fully in place. I would argue our talent is better than all of those currently, minus Clemson. I want 3-4 years on top of those rebuilding years to see just what CGC can do. I have patience and trust in him.

I can see us missing a bowl next year, followed by a 5-6 win season in 2020. Bump it up to 7-8 the following year and 8+ should be standard from that point on.

I can see us missing a bowl next year, followed by a 5-6 win season in 2020. Bump it up to 7-8 the following year and 8+ should be standard from that point on.

Perhaps, I’m in the minority here, but I’m not sure that next season has to be a struggle. A lot depends on the offensive coordinator hire. Surely, a good coordinator will adapt some his scheme to the talent on hand. Collins was here after all when the Fridge was running an offense that had multiple looks (incl. option stuff) for a defense to contend with.

Back