8-0

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
So they make it back just in time for states to start allowing colleges to pay players. That's so backward it feels like Congress had something to do with it.

Olgoldandwhie

Flats Noob
So they make it back just in time for states to start allowing colleges to pay players. That's so backward it feels like Congress had something to do with it.
I’m afraid if players start getting over the table, the Government will get involved. IRS will never let this happen without their share. Not to mention Title IX.

G776T

Not pastor material.
I’m afraid if players start getting over the table, the Government will get involved. IRS will never let this happen without their share. Not to mention Title IX.
Why do you think California was the first in? They needed a new revenue stream.

GT98

Dodd-Like
yes, it would be reported taxable income to the players and they’d need to file a return.

title IX doesn’t apply as the law that was passed refers to a player getting an endorsement deal, the school isn’t giving them out. The issue is that this is a way for fanatic fanbases to increase the concentration of talent at their schools vis a vi others with the endorsement deals handed out by alumni/fans of the program. I think that there will be some impact to GT as I cannot see very many GT grads/fans giving an 18-20 year old kid $ under the guise of an endorsement to come play football here.

I also think that the market for this will be limited.

samsgt02

Dodd-Like
Of course this would be a disadvantage for us, I think it's still unethical for professional engineers to advertise. I mean would this really be that unethical... "Presly Harvin III only trusts bridge decks designed by Smith Engineering and Surveying!"