8/10/02 AP Poll

Also, I do not believe that FSU is the 3rd best team in the country. Until they prove that their defense is back, I'm a little "bearish" on FSU.

BTW, I smell an ambush at BDS when the Semis come to town.

Originally posted by GTg8r:
This should be the current AP Poll:
I've only got one question. Why is Southern Cal always ranked?
First AP Poll
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The same reason that Ohio State and Penn State always are ranked. Large state schools that produce lots of newspaper writers with large fan/alumni followings.

Originally posted by bellyseries:
Southern Cal is not a state school, is it?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">actually I think it is a private school. I did not know that until a couple of weeks ago.

I stand corrected. Still with 28,000 students, you can do the math.

Speaking of USC... Check out this web site for a yearly competition between USC & UCLA:
Gauntlettrophy.com

The Bruins and Trojans were tied after all of last season's sports competitions and need to invoke a tiebreaker to allow USC the trophy.

Originally posted by coldbeer:
Speaking of USC... Check out this web site for a yearly competition between USC & UCLA:
Gauntlettrophy.com

The Bruins and Trojans were tied after all of last season's sports competitions and need to invoke a tiebreaker to allow USC the trophy.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I've gotta admit that when those 2 play, I vote for the Bruins. I don't like USC-West. Maybe it's their mustard and ketchup uniforms.

USC hasn't won anything over consequence in about 20 years.

Yep USC is a private school but big and also rich. So why can't they buy their players say like Bama?

thefinger.gif

Good question. Whatever happened to USC/ND anyway? That used to mean something. I know they had a lot of turbulence at HC and probably compete for the better players but it still seems odd that they don't dominate the PAC.

Back