# 8 : Demetrius Knight

I'm no authority on arm motion, but his throwing mechanics look like they need some work. It appears he has a strong and accurate arm; just looks like he's slinging it any which way. That might be why he doesn't have more interest as a passing QB. He's fun to watch on the highlights, both throwing and running.

I'm no authority on arm motion, but his throwing mechanics look like they need some work. It appears he has a strong and accurate arm; just looks like he's slinging it any which way. That might be why he doesn't have more interest as a passing QB. He's fun to watch on the highlights, both throwing and running.
I am certain Candeto can polish him into a real gem.

He is a pretty under the radar prospect. We may well be looking at him as a raw athlete who could be BB or QB depending on how he develops.

I hear he was very impressive at Tech's camp this past weekend.

Yeah apparently he showed out and pretty much accepted his offer immediately. I like him more and more the more I read. Probably would have had offers and stars if he didn't play single A. On size alone, he could be a goal line QB if nothing else.

yep, he throws at less than 50% completion rate in a small private league
I see him as WR where he played as soph

How of his completion percentage is on him and how much is on his receivers?
He'll get a chance at QB and if it doesn't work, he'll be on the field somewhere, A back, DB, somewhere.

he fits right in here then. I wish him the best - hopefully he'll adjust to actually getting tackled by players who are his size, something that didn't occur in the linked game highlights. It looked like he was playing against 9th & 10th graders.

he fits right in here then. I wish him the best - hopefully he'll adjust to actually getting tackled by players who are his size, something that didn't occur in the linked game highlights. It looked like he was playing against 9th & 10th graders.

I had the same thought and couldn't recall seeing that many broken tackles since Noel Devine's highlight reel ...

How of his completion percentage is on him and how much is on his receivers?
He'll get a chance at QB and if it doesn't work, he'll be on the field somewhere, A back, DB, somewhere.

It does sound like we are looking at him at QB from the articles I read. He has a whole year and then probably a redshirt to develop some QB skills. Perhaps he could be a Matthew Jordan type.

Single A ball. I think one of the AJC articles said he's the first FBS prospect from his school in a long time, maybe forever.

A 6'2 QB in the 230# range (by the time he sniffs the depth chart) who can run a 4.5 40 and hit a post pattern?

I would die to have a kid like that behind center (assuming all other things - can run option/make reads/etc. being equal).
4th down and short will be Knight time at BDS for the opposing defense.

FWIW, after committing to Tech, Demetrius has gone from not even having a 247sports recruiting page to a 3 star, top 100 player in GA and 20th best dual threat QB nationally. Lol. Rivals still not giving him any love.

https://247sports.com/player/demetrius-knight-46056965

So much for hiding our diamond in the rough.
It is kinda a Vance Walker situation. Nobody wanted Vance Walker until he committed to us and next thing you know Beamer and crew are in South Carolina begging for him flip to Vippy Sue

Back