A copy of my email and the e-mail addresses of

MacDaddy2

Damn Good Rat
Gailey and Braine cgailey@at.gtaa.gatech.edu and dbraine@at.gtaa.gatech.edu

Title: The Emerald Bowl is ...

Body: a disgrace for the efforts and performance of our boys this year. Shame on you if you accept this bowl. If Arkansas decides to bail on the SEC for the Big 12 we should return to our rightful place in the SEC where they know how to negotiate bowl slots.

Sincerely,

XXXX XXX (Withheld on Stingtalk Only)
Season ticket holder for 21 consecutive years.

I with ya. I say let's wait for bowl realignment in 2 years and if its not good for the ACC then let's beg the SEC to make a place for us.

If Arkansas leaves before then let's lobby like we've never lobbied before and kiss UGA's arse like never before to let us back into the SEC.

If I were Boston College I would start looking today...

It has nothing to do with which conference we are in, for goodness sakes. It is the responsibility of HC and AD to demand more from our coaches...except Tenuta. We have an awfully boring offense, special teams, fg kicker. I do not know why anyone expects that any decent bowl would want us.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/greenclap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/greenclap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/greenclap.gif

I don't think "the boring" factor you mentioned has anything to do with the situation. Outside of the National Campionship game, money is a primary driving force. That's the only reason ND was a shoo-in for the BCS as they don't have any wins that are anywhere near ours. BUT, everyone watches them and their following is legendary. Money pushed them into the BCS and the same forces impact other Bowls. We just need to figure out why we aren't perceived to be a great revenue source oursleves, especially after having a successful season like this one.

Bowls care about exposure and attendance. If boring offenses kept teams out of bowls why would Alabama be going to one?

If boring offenses kept teams out of bowls why would Alabama be going to one?
Bama will fill grand canyon with thier following but few people on the street would pay to watch them
Does anyone remember what Lewis Grizzard had to say about a Mich. Ohio St game ? If not remind me to tell you

Boring Offense? Tell That To Tulsa & Syracuse!

Kindly name a team or two that has scored more points in bowls the last two years.

No. That argument that we are not an exciting team is nonsense.

Re: Boring Offense? Tell That To Tulsa & Syracuse!

Agreed. This boring offense trail is the wrong lead, period.

Back