A couple of crazy ideas on expansion...

goldmember

Damn Good Rat
With the 2 NC dweebs and virginia politics blocking expansion, I had a couple of ideas:

1.) Is it too late to invite Virginia Tech? I realize we would have to go throught the red tape all over again but it would seem that we could get this done if we added VT and dropped BC. I imagine that we would take a serious PR hit but it would be worth it in the long run.

2.) Can we ammend the bylaws? According to the bylaws, it takes 7 of nine to add another team. How many votes does it take to ammend the bylaws?

Here is a comical suggestion. Let's get the pro-expansion schoold to file a lawsuit against UNC, Duke, and UVA.
smile.gif

I'd much rather see VA Tech in the ACC personally; but, BC deserves the invite. They will add value and they've done everything they can to make this happen - including putting themselves in a very bad position with their conference brethren.

Goldmember, personally, I don't like that idea. I would not be averse to adding two more schools to the conference, but I would not want to be a Benedict Arnold either.

It would be underhanded to drop Boston College, who has gone all out, and placed their self on the front of the lines to help establish the expansion; and then throw them off to the side because of three schools.

To me, that would be a cowardly thing to do.

At this point, it would be unfair to drop any one of the three who have already been visited and pretty much has accepted the invitation when extended. I don't like extortion, and that is the ploy being used by Virginia, North Carolina, and Duke.

wink.gif

Back