A New Season

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
This game was not embarrassing. I still say if he doesn't get to a bowl this year or next he needs to be gone.
If every top ten team we play we almost beat then I’m sure we will beat at least one

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro
Bring on the Approval poll. This season has been reset for me. I didn’t thing it would be possible. But here we are.
Yes, quite amazing. Here in Week 1 we had Free Shoes taking the Domers to the wire, Norvell had a HUGE moral victory loss and GT’s licking it’s chops having gotten whipped by a sorry ass directional U team that sucks donkey balls, further validated by their butt kicking by Wyoming and shellacking by Ugag North in subsequent weeks. 2 weeks later and a combined 1 victory by both teams, GT fans are potentially even optimistic & ready to overlook no socks and skinny jeans whereas Free Shoes want to burn their dude at the stake.

Ain’t college football awesome!

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
Yes, quite amazing. Here in Week 1 we had Free Shoes taking the Domers to the wire, Norvell had a HUGE moral victory loss and GT’s licking it’s chops having gotten whipped by a sorry ass directional U team that sucks donkey balls, further validated by their butt kicking by Wyoming and shellacking by Ugag North in subsequent weeks. 2 weeks later and a combined 1 victory by both teams, GT fans are potentially even optimistic & ready to overlook no socks and skinny jeans whereas Free Shoes want to burn their dude at the stake.

Ain’t college football awesome!
I agree, moral victories are meaningless.

The Jacket

The Coat
Need to see actual wins before I can say the same.
Don't disagree, but nobody is saying "extend Collins" here. I think the argument for the "new season" perspective is that after NIU, a lot of people behaved as though the rest of the season was shot, more people began openly trashing our coach and calling for his head than I've seen allowed on StingTalk maybe ever. I think the performance today is at least grounds to stop posting constant snide comments about whatever NIU is doing, or stop comparing that loss to the Citadel because that's ööööing idiotic, and let the season actually play out before we write it off in a ridiculous buttrage.

johncu

Dodd-Like
I agree, moral victories are meaningless.
Disagree. Collins has certainly not won me over yet, but this is a VERY different feeling than losing 73-7. Hell, I said earlier this week that I thought this would be our closest game with Clemson in a while, but I was thinking more like 38-10.

A loss is a loss in the record books, sure, so a moral victory is worthless in that light. But in terms of predicting future success, it means a whole hell of a lot. I’m MUCH more optimistic about the rest of the season than I was yesterday.

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
Don't disagree, but nobody is saying "extend Collins" here. I think the argument for the "new season" perspective is that after NIU, a lot of people behaved as though the rest of the season was shot, more people began openly trashing our coach and calling for his head than I've seen allowed on StingTalk maybe ever. I think the performance today is at least grounds to stop posting constant snide comments about whatever NIU is doing, or stop comparing that loss to the Citadel because that's ööööing idiotic, and let the season actually play out before we write it off in a ridiculous buttrage.
The biggest buttragers will be raging regardless of how the season plays out. There's one that updated his coach comparison thread right after the game was over.

The Jacket

The Coat
Disagree. Collins has certainly not won me over yet, but this is a VERY different feeling than losing 73-7. Hell, I said earlier this week that I thought this would be our closest game with Clemson in a while, but I was thinking more like 38-10.

A loss is a loss in the record books, sure, so a moral victory is worthless in that light. But in terms of predicting future success, it means a whole hell of a lot. I’m MUCH more optimistic about the rest of the season than I was yesterday.
It is very hard for me to understand the people who take that absolutist "no moral victories" view. They're usually the ones who are first to label criticism of anything but your own team as loser whining. I feel bad for them kind of because there is cause to be hopeful and excited about our upcoming games instead of ceaselessly bashing our own players or staff and waiting for the inevitable losses to pile up.

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden

FSU took a top 10 team to OT and just lost to WF 35-14. We didn't get to OT, so what makes you think this loss we just put up is any better than FSU?

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
Clemson is better than Notre Dame. And if not maybe we can beat them. That would be nice
We just played what amounts to our perfect game and lost. Do you really think we catch another top 10 team with unexpected schemes and looking to the sideline when we snap the ball, multiple turnover advantage, bad opposition QB play, and no missed FGs all in the same game this season?

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
We just played what amounts to our perfect game and lost. Do you really think we catch another top 10 team with unexpected schemes and looking to the sideline when we snap the ball, multiple turnover advantage, bad opposition QB play, and no missed FGs all in the same game this season?
See the post above this one.