A season squandered

NCJacket..i dont buy that Bilbo hasn't learned the offence yet....only 20% come on!!!if that is true than that is the poorest coaching job in the history of college football.

2 years and the guy can't learn but 20% of the plays...i believe that as much as I believe AJ will improve

If you are the QB you have the know the offense at this level:

1) know all the plays from the QB perspective
2) Know all then plays from the RB, WR, and TE perspective so that you know where each skill player is supposed to be for each play in the playbook at any point in the play
3) Know all the protection schemes that then OL, RB, and TE use

It takes a lot of effort off the practice field to get to this level including studying the playbook and watching a lot of film. It is very conceivable that Bilbo only knows 20% of the offense at the level necessary to execute it

83Jacket,
What you said is all correct but having graduated from GT myself.. if hes a serious GT student that isn't that tall an order.

But then again no football players walked when I graduated.

Originally posted by jasper_thanks:
NCJacket..i dont buy that Bilbo hasn't learned the offence yet....only 20% come on!!!if that is true than that is the poorest coaching job in the history of college football.

2 years and the guy can't learn but 20% of the plays...i believe that as much as I believe AJ will improve
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Big Buck said 4-5 weeks ago he knew 20%, maybe now its 50-60%. The point is he doesn't just have to know the plays he has to be able to make the right reads at the right time, in concert with the rest of the team. Maybe what CG means is that he isn't consistently making the right choices. Kind of goes along with the inconsistent comments the coaches have made?

Look the kid may be fine next year but it appears he doesn't have it down yet.

If I were coaching (in my dreams), I would start one of our backup quarterbacks and let him play the whole game against Duke. He would be an option quarterback, and I would run plenty of option plays. IF we won big and the QB had a good game,

Then UGA would have to prepare for two possible offensive sets, and I would play them both or start who I thought was best and make a change if necessary.

In dreams, I walk with.....

71, from many of the posts I have read, you have been in the same dream room with a lot of the other posters.

Who knows, dreams sometimes comes true!

blue.gif
blue.gif
blue.gif

I'm not sure we have an option QB. According to those who have seen Bilbo play that's not his game. We probably have someone at another position who played QB in HS and ran the option.

Beeware makes good pts & a good case. To see what bw is trying to get across, you have to look no farther than Coach Coker @ Miami. That's all he's trying to say; look at how Miami handled theirs & how we handled ours.
Bw may be as right as a FOC. We just don't know right now & the losses are excruciating.

Rereading this post and its initial title, I will have to agree, it is a season squandered. Not for the reasons BeeWare has stated, but we definitely had excellent material, we should have beaten Clemson and Wake Forest, and had all the right conditions to beat FSU.

I think the coaching staff squandered a great chance to be in the top ten last year. If I am to be fair, I will have to admit this year has been squandered as well by the present coaching staff.

frown.gif

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Rereading this post and its initial title, I will have to agree, it is a season squandered. Not for the reasons BeeWare has stated, but we definitely had excellent material, we should have beaten Clemson and Wake Forest, and had all the right conditions to beat FSU.

I think the coaching staff squandered a great chance to be in the top ten last year. If I am to be fair, I will have to admit this year has been squandered as well by the present coaching staff.

frown.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">How can you blame the coaching staff for the loss of the games you mentioned this season when we were in a position to win all of them but lost because of poor execution,

Fan Of Dodd, as I have stated many times on the boards, "a team is a mirror reflection of the coaching it receives"!

wink.gif

Y'all look what Debo did with the limited # of plays he knew and he was very successful. I believe he is ready with what he knows now a lot more so than AJ does even if he knows it all. I'm not saying Debo is the next Vick however he does have a shotgun arm like Vick. Debo may not be an option qb. but neither is Vick, but they both can run and make something happen out of nothing. This is the best aj will ever be there is more upside. Like Vick trying to make a play out of nothing there will be some mistakes but the offense will be much more high octane.

Back