A-T Fund: Only 8,000?

Got the "tis the season" so to speak letter from the A-T Fund. In it Stansbury says about 8,000 people donated to the A-T Fund in 2019. I find that shockingly low. I hope they're able to modernize the A-T Fund like they're modernizing the Edge Center. The A-T Fund should be the primary method of interfacing with the GTAA up to and including season ticket sales.

Consider helping increase that number: http://www.atfund.gatech.edu

I'd like to point out that the WBB team added a "Buzzer Beater" support tier where for $40 you get some swag and a thank you from Nell. Shelling the Dawgs in Athens in epic style was enough to cough up $40 from me.

GTg8r

Varsity Lurker
Got the "tis the season" so to speak letter from the A-T Fund. In it Stansbury says about 8,000 people donated to the A-T Fund in 2019. I find that shockingly low. I hope they're able to modernize the A-T Fund like they're modernizing the Edge Center. The A-T Fund should be the primary method of interfacing with the GTAA up to and including season ticket sales.

I'd like to point out that the WBB team added a "Buzzer Beater" support tier where for $40 you get some swag and a thank you from Nell. Shelling the Dawgs in Athens in epic style was enough to cough up $40 from me.
A-T Fund should operate like IPTAY that values $10, $20, and $50 donors.
From the outside it appears that real interaction with the fund doesn't start until you hit $1000 annual.

I'm talking postcards, promotional flyers, magazines, student athlete calls, etc..
A certain school on a lake did that after someone in my household thanked them for beating Alabama with $25.

gtg970g

Dodd-Like
That’s probably only 8000 went over and above the mandatory donation to buy season tickets.
This is correct. Tech Fund contributions are not the same as AT Fund donations. Our family stopped AT fund donations when the Tech Fund required contributions started.

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
Donating is too complicated. You should be able to say to someone, "here's money for football", or click a link that says "donate to football". Our football donations should accept PayPal and venmo. Coach should put the venmo code on his hat.

People will big cry this post because, "if you really care, you'll figure it out, it isn't that hard." Sure, but we should be monetizing any amount of care. This is just like not allowing season ticket renewals right after a UGA win. Open the doors and let the money in when and how it wants in. Epstein didn't kill himself, you know.

684Bee

Varsity Lurker

The school is flush with cash. Lots of donors. Not the case with GTAA.

Time to change that. Don’t sit back and wait on the GTAA (unfortunately, they are not very good at raising $). Take the initiative and do what you can. Make it an annual pledge. Whatever amount.

That is, if you care enough about GT football. If you’re on here, then you do.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
Can you earmark money for football only? Maybe that’s selfish...but I care not about supporting swimming or something like that. I would also like to support women’s volleyball.

GT flunkout

held in very high esteem
Staff member
GTAA is and continues to be amateur hour in most things. IMO there is an attitude that we can't do the same things as other schools do so we don't even try.

As a "little guy" average fan the only time I felt engaged by the AA was during the Radakovich era.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
The school is flush with cash. Lots of donors. Not the case with GTAA.

Time to change that. Don’t sit back and wait on the GTAA (unfortunately, they are not very good at raising $). Take the initiative and do what you can. Make it an annual pledge. Whatever amount.

That is, if you care enough about GT football. If you’re on here, then you do.
Divert roll call dollars to AT.