A yellow Jacket we can be proud of!

56Jacket

Flats Noob
I wanted to let everyone know that Matt Uremovich graduated from GT and has started a career in the Army.

It was unfortunate that most GT fans never got a chance to see Matt play a lot for the yellow jackets. Talk about an all out, non stop bad mf'er. He didn't know the meaning of the word "tired."

He has completed Basic, OCS, and is now enrolled in infantry school. He plans to attend Ranger school next.

He is slated to go to Iraq next March.

He is a warrior
in every sense of the word and the U.S. Army is lucky to have him. We are all lucky he has decided to dedicate his life defending our freedom.

Matt- All the guys are proud of you! Even PAW!

Originally posted by 56Jacket:
I wanted to let everyone know that Matt Uremovich graduated from GT and had started a career in the Army.

It was unfortunate that most GT fans never got a chance to see Matt play a lot for the yellow jackets. Talk about an all out, non stop bad mf'er. He didn't know the meaning of the word "tired."

He has completed Basic, OCS, and is now enrolled in infantry school. He plans to attend Ranger school next.

He is slated to go to Iraq next March.

He is a warrior
in every sense of the word and the U.S. Army is lucky to have him. We are all lucky he has decided to dedicate his life defending our freedom.

Matt- All the guys are proud of you! Even PAW!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Thanks for posting - I remember Matt and the toughness he brought to the field. It's unfortunate that injuries shortened his once-promising football career.

Anyway, it looks like he's truly moved on to bigger and better things - we're all lucky to have a guy like him protecting us.

That guy had a motor that would not quit.

I remember when we recruited him, it didn't sound like much at the time.

If we had all 44 playing with his intensity, we would be one heck of a physical team.

Godspeed Matt in your new career. You will shine under pressure, like all good Tech men.

He was a gamer. He didn't have the size for linebacker but he still outplayed the guys who did. I loved watching him.

What I remember about Matt was going to games and hearing "Matt Uremovich on the stop." "In on the Tackle Matt Uremovich." "Matt Uremovich with the tackle." over and over and over - that guy NEVER quit!!!

FWIW - my buddy is headed over to Iraq this weekend or next.

Good Luck Matt in all that you do!

take care Matt Urameansomvich. We can all sleep better at night. Really enjoyed your "way-to-short" time playing on the Flats
smile.gif

Back