Academic Casualties...(from below)

Now the big question is, do we move MM back or do we leave him at FB. In spring practice he was a stud at FB, but do we need him more on D?

Originally posted by GTFish:
Now the big question is, do we move MM back or do we leave him at FB. In spring practice he was a stud at FB, but do we need him more on D?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I would say with the strength being the O-line...we could use him more on D.

GTFish, good point, he could be a good DE.

smile.gif

Dumb question maybe, but isn't GMC where players go to get their grades back up before re-entering? Or is this a permanent transfer??

confused.gif

GMC is a jr college, so certainly Terron could concievably go there for a year, and get back into GT the following year, having lost 1 year of eligibility.

If that is what he is able to do, or even desires to do, I have no insight there.

My guess is he returns. I expect he will, Hargrove will, Sampson and Bridges will. Kingi is a possibility.....

The others...they are gone.

Originally posted by 33jacket:
My guess is he returns. I expect he will, Hargrove will, Sampson and Bridges will. Kingi is a possibility.....

The others...they are gone.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">it'll be a miracle if they return. i hope they do. man .. what a tragedy .. whoever is responsible for this .. probably a combination of the students themselves, braine, gailey, moore, advisors .. they really really let us down. very hard to remain positive.

Crappie, crappie, crappie. Crap. That's 5 from Coach G's 1st meager class. He's now down to 10 still @ GT from his 1st recruiting class. Sampson, Bridges, McNair, McHargue & Pullen- not here.
Ya know, that class was really shaping up & many were starting to contribute real early in their careers. Chan & staff may know talent better than many thought.
Mattews, Reis, Gilliam, Eziemefe, McGuire, Cooper, Brezina, Harris, Ivery, Jordan still remain & all, but Ivery, could be real contributors this season.
Gailey better keep a close eye on this football program from here on out. That was inexcusable what he, & others, called athletic academic support. We ain't paying Coach Chan over a $million to pick his nose while players, already on probation, are allowed to continue down the same path that got them on probation in their 1st semester.
There better be some changes made by Coach G to himself & what he 'calls' running GT's football program.

Maybe we can use him like the Bucs did Warren Sapp last year. DT/FB and go wherever he goes. Follow that big butt to the endzone.

Tough call, he looks like a much better FB than DL. My guess is it all depends on how the true frosh DLs look.

Back