ACC Back to 10?

JacksonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
With the new BCS requirements coming down the pipe (15k avg. attendance at f'ball games) could we potentially lose dook as a football participant?

I know Tulane and the other non-BCS schools are fighting it, but if it sticks, could we be back at 10 schools and even divisions?

JJ: Didn't know that the future BCS requirements be an average of 15k fans? That's very interesting. How does Duke stay in the mix and does it get changed?

I don't think ACC would go to 10, I would think they go after two more if Duke drops out, or the BCS changes the rule to 10 they might leave it where it is. Interesting though.

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
JJ: Didn't know that the future BCS requirements be an average of 15k fans? That's very interesting. How does Duke stay in the mix and does it get changed?

I don't think ACC would go to 10, I would think they go after two more if Duke drops out, or the BCS changes the rule to 10 they might leave it where it is. Interesting though.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I am pretty sure teams in existing BCS conferences get grandfathered in. It is a way of keeping new conferences/teams out of the BCS.

I'm traveling so my interet connection is too slow to do any research, but I could have sworn that the attendance figure was for all games, home and away. Can anyone clarify the rule? If that's the case Duke will be fine since their away attendance will include FSU, Clemson, etc.

Sure would be nice to drop Duke and get BC in!

drinking.gif

NC, if that's the case, any team that plays Tenn. or Mich. will be set for the year given the 100k+ seats they've got. Not disputing, just came to that realization.

Back