ACC / Big Ten Challenge 2021

bonham

Dodd-Like
We get Wisconsin. Nice, high-profile matchup against a high-profile program. This is what having a great season and an ACC Championship will do.

clapper

Dodd-Like
Wisconsin typically has a tall team and that will be a challenge for us.
They have a 7 foot incoming freshman, but only (2) players at 6’ 9” after that. Also, only one full year starter returns. 2 grad students (1 is that starter); 3 juniors; 7 sophs; 5 freshmen listed on their Roster.

78pike

Varsity Lurker
I don't get why everyone thinks we are an undersized team We start a 6'5" shooting guard, and two very athletic 6'7" guys on the wings in Usher and Moore. Underneath we will have our choice of 7'1", 6'10" or a 6'9" leaper who may be the best shot blocker. Throw in two point guards in Sturdivant at 6'2" and Smith at 6'1" and we are not a small team. I think we may be pleasantly surprised at the development of our post players after another full year of development. Don't forget the incoming freshman shooters are in the 6'4" to 6'5" range. We are not a small team. Sure we may have trouble with the top big men around but who doesn't?

78pike

Varsity Lurker
Well when you don’t have a serviceable center you look a whole lot smaller.
Agree to disagree. I think we will have a more than serviceable center. It just may end upping comprised of 2 or 3 guys. Will we have another Moses? Of course not. But at the beginning of last year I don't think anyone imagined Moses would have been POY. But my response had nothing to do with a "serviceable center". I was just saying that we aren't a small team. Take the average height of the Wisconsin starting five and compare that to us and I bet we come out taller.