ACC blows

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
as expected, the ACC is sucking it up this bowl season. Other than duke, ACC teams (including us) are losing and looking bad doing it.

Here’s hoping that uva gets a zima bottle shoved up its ass in Charlotte.

"all the way shoved up"

EasyInfamousAtlasmoth-small.gif

Huh? The ACC is 2-2 so far, and BC was winning before their game got cancelled.

To be fair, I do think the ACC is gonna get slaughtered in the remaining games. Clemson is gonna win, but after that I don't think anyone is favored. I guess UVA and VT have a decent shot but I don't see Pitt, Syracuse, or NC State even putting up a fight.

To be fair, I do think the ACC is gonna get slaughtered in the remaining games. Clemson is gonna win, but after that I don't think anyone is favored. I guess UVA and VT have a decent shot but I don't see Pitt, Syracuse, or NC State even putting up a fight.
Who besides duke won? I must admit that I pretty much started watching bowl games with ours and paid no attention to anything before that.

Wait, I thought we weren't supposed to give a öööö about how well the ACC does. What changed?

State should win. WV’s QB went all Benedict Arnold on them.

Wait, I thought we weren't supposed to give a öööö about how well the ACC does. What changed?

We need to care how the ACC does because it has an impact on our recruiting, among other things. Top recruits want to play in top conferences (like the SEC) not in clown conferences.

We should absolutely care how the ACC does. ööööty SEC teams with ööööty coaches outrecruit us purely because they're in the SEC. In one particular year we could benefit from a weaker conference, but long term we need prestigious competition if we want to be relevant.

We should absolutely care how the ACC does. ööööty SEC teams with ööööty coaches outrecruit us purely because they're in the SEC. In one particular year we could benefit from a weaker conference, but long term we need prestigious competition if we want to be relevant.

I think this gets way overblown. Alabama carries the rest of the SEC.

If you made a list with our issues regarding recruiting, the fact we play in the ACC (and the Coastal at that) has to be way down there.

It sucks that a decision made back in 1964 is still f****** us to this day.

I think this gets way overblown. Alabama carries the rest of the SEC.

If you made a list with our issues regarding recruiting, the fact we play in the ACC (and the Coastal at that) has to be way down there.
Since 2003, the SEC has won 10 of 15 national championships, including SEVEN IN A ROW. Alabama has won 5 of those 10 titles, but non-Bama SEC teams have still won as many as the rest of the field.

I hate the SEC as much as anybody, but there's a reason they got that reputation. Now it's a self-fulfilling prophecy that results in average teams like Kentucky getting ranked 14th simply because they lost to the right teams.

Since 2003, the SEC has won 10 of 15 national championships, including SEVEN IN A ROW. Alabama has won 5 of those 10 titles, but non-Bama SEC teams have still won as many as the rest of the field.

I hate the SEC as much as anybody, but there's a reason they got that reputation. Now it's a self-fulfilling prophecy that results in average teams like Kentucky getting ranked 14th simply because they lost to the right teams.

Also, the SEC is leading the nation in revenue sharing among its schools, and it's not too surprising which Power 5 conference comes in last among revenue,

The most recent average payout for each Power 5 league:
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/2/2/16964186/sec-revenue-distribution-2017

So, with this said, how come we aren't recruiting like gang-busters in basketball? ööööty SEC teams out recruit us because of the same reasons why anyone outrecruits us - more degree offerings, easier school, easier admission, more women - you name it. We will always have our built-in barriers no matter how good the ACC is and how prestigious our competition.

Back