ACC Championship Game poll

gnats67

Dodd-Like
In the new ACC, where should the championship game be held?

Some say nice vacation destinations like Orlando or Tampa. Sure these sound great but are not terribly convenient even for FSU and Orlando's a nice little drive from Miami. How many rabid fans from any of the ACC schools North of Atlanta will want to head out for Orlando?

Atlanta would be an ideal choice but the SEC's already got it pegged. Rotating the game amongst member schools wouldn't work because invariably whenever BC hosts they and Syracuse will go 3-9 and everybody'll be griping about having to go to Boston, etc.

What to do?

If it rotates, I'd say Baltimore (Ravens Stadium), Charlotte or Florida. I do think one of the FL sites would probably work best though. Weather is pretty dicey in Charlotte or farther north and I'd hate to see it in a dome.

I think Orlando would be the right choice - I think you're inferring that some of the ACC football fans are complacent (from the "rabid" ACC fans comment). I don't think complacency will be an issue if your team is in the ACC Championship game.

Also, it creates a good excuse/opportunity for an ACC family man to take the family (what family doesn't want to go to Disneyland?) on a vacation and see his team play.

Sounds good to me. The "rabid" comment wasn't significant but even the uberfan might look at several hundred miles and decide to stay at home and have a TV watching party, feel shortchanged or both.

While I would not hesitate to book it in Atlanta despite the SEC (bring some class to town for a change) the best would probably be Charlotte or Orlando... Never let it go into the Carrier Dome or above the Mason Dixon for that matter...

I know it's a long way to go, but Pro Player Stadium in Miami is a first rate facility and Miami is truly and international city. South Beach is cool and the Keys not too far away. Pretty inexpensive to fly to Ft. Lauderdale. Orlando has always just been a little to sanitized for my taste. I like a good time and Miami has got that.
My parents lived in Miami Lakes from the mid eighties until the mid nineties. I remember when the Testeverde led 'Canes would stay in the hotel at Miami Lakes before some home games. Very intimidating with most of them wearing camoflague. I imagine it wasn't too pleasant for any visitor at the Orange Bowl then. They looked like they might mug you. Hopefully, they'll bring that kind of intimidating swagger to the ACC.

Have a feeling it will end up in Charlotte to placate the NC schools.. I could rotating between Charlotte & Jacksonville...

You obviously have not been to South Beach. There are more beautiful women at South Beach than ANYWHERE. I however cannot swear to their political affiliation. Don't really think I would care.

Orlando.

Orlando would be great for the whole family. I would probably try to go to some of the games even if Tech wasn't playing.

I really can't say that about any of the other locations.

Like others, I fear a deal may have been cut for Charlotte.

Back