ACC is now a Football Conference !

Jerry the Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I know that gauls the tobacco road mafia but the truth is, football is where the money is. Adding Miami and VPI clearly elevates the ACC to the premier football conference in America. While the media and the old line traditionalist can grovel and whine about how this whole thing was mishandled, the bottom line is money. The ACC is taking care of business and all those who are casting criticism will soon see that money talks and BS walks. Hope the critics have a nice stroll as the ACC laughs all the way to the bank. The 12 th team is coming and it will be another one that adds to the football side over the basketball side. If Duke and UNC don't watch it, they may wind up in the Big East with the rest of the roundballers. Let's tee it up and play some football, like God intended.

Go Jackets!

Wunderbar! Two perennial, top ten football schools to the ACC in Miami & VT. And southern schools, too! IMHO, the most logical 12th member would be WV.
drinking.gif

Originally posted by FHstinger:
Wunderbar! Two perennial, top ten football schools to the ACC in Miami & VT. And southern schools, too! IMHO, the most logical 12th member would be WV.
drinking.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Alright! West Virginia! Break out the hooch and banjos!

I would prefer another team besides WVA. Penn State would be better - or BC. WVA has nothing to offer.

Originally posted by FHstinger:
drinking.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">WV is not on the Atlantic coast and they aren't Southerners. Hicks, yes. Southerners, no.

While I'm sure I'll get bashed for this, I'd really like to see Navy in the ACC. Academically they're up to par with most of the conference, they've got a good reputation, usually field a decent basketball team and the football team just hired that GA Southern coach (name escapes me) who won several championships for the Eagles, so look for their football team to turn around.

Plus, Annapolis is a gorgeous place and the tailgating at the Academy is one of the better places I've been to (and I've been to a lot).

BBR

NO way USNA has more to offer than WVU, Pitt, BC, UCF, or Cuse. Of course if we could get PSU or ND that would bee huge but do not see it. I hope UCF elevates itself into being considered. BUT the main fact is the ACC is now a stronger, Soutern football conference, and GT is a taxpayer supported southern school. I feel sorry for the GT fans who will not accept that.

Originally posted by JJacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by FHstinger:
drinking.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Alright! West Virginia! Break out the hooch and banjos!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">They're already out for the Jokies.

My Alma Mater does not have a Football team, but I’d like to see a school from our Basketball conference The Atlantic Sun. Added to the ACC for all sports; Central Florida

Make William @ Mary the number twelve team. Just think of the possibilities.

Originally posted by GSUJACKET:
My Alma Mater does not have a Football team, but I’d like to see a school from our Basketball conference The Atlantic Sun. Added to the ACC for all sports; Central Florida
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sure, why not. Their #150 ranking in the Director's Cup standings fits in nicely with VaTech's #111 ranking.

By the way, of the previous 9 ACC teams, GT has the worst ranking @ #53.

I believe that CFU is up and coming in college football. Give them a few years IMHO

We don't need WVU, we've got hillbilly football covered with VPI, redneck ball with Clemson, and Ambiguously Southern States ball with Maryland. Being hillblly and redneck myself, two out of three suits me.

If we are going to go any further out of the region, I like ND or PSU.

If we stay in the region, the sexy choices are South Carolina or (get this) UGAG!! Think about it: they have pretty much arrived at the UVA/UNC academic status they've been aiming for (for which, as a Georgia resident, I am very happy), and they might be able to clean off that slightly ripe odor that accompanies SEC athletics by leaving.

I don't mean to suggest that UGAG has not contributed to the back alley feel of the SEC; they certainly have. But they are no worse than FSU.
wink.gif

After all, do Louisville or Navy or Florida Something-Something really excite anybody?

Notre Dame belongs in the conference with the Big Ten, if they could be accepted. If not, their next best choice would be the Big East.

The best candidate for the ACC at this time is South Carolina, if they could be enticed to join.

smile.gif

We need to stop limiting ourselves to the one-school options. How about kicking Duke and UNC out now that we have the votes, and adding three teams - BC, Pitt, and WVa or a Florida school.

Carolina South buddy of mine has stated they've not gotten over being jobbed in the 70's by the mafia up north and then rebuffed in the 90's when the ACC expanded and only added F$U.

THWG!!

Back