ACC Officiating

JoltinJacket

► Ģŏ ʝąҁʞεɫʂ ◄
ACC officiating in general is awful, and seems to have gotten much worse the last couple years. IMO, it's always been at its worst when F$U is playing - I'll let you draw your own conclusions there. I mean, pass interference doesn't get much more blantant than this...

47b3d808b3127cce8a7082b862560000001610

...but of course it wasn't called.
mad.gif

I actually like Ron Cherry's crew - they seem to be the top ACC crew. Courtney Mauzy (sp?) and Company are the worst. I remember a play late in the UGAg game last year, where Suggs pitched the ball about 4 yards backwards and the Mutts recovered. The line judge was looking directly at the play and called it an incomplete forward pass.
pat.gif

I actually got a ref to look into the stands during
the FSU game last season. Sitting 5 rows back
on the south goal line makes it easy to make
your feelings known.

The lack of pass INT calls in the first half of
that game resulted in a shouting match between
my wife and I when we got home.
wink.gif

Agree completely on the lack of quality from ACC refs. I wonder however, if they are worse than other conferences? I think refs just plain suck these days. Not sure if it's because the skill/speed of the players has gotten so good, whether it's because so many replays make it obvious, or that nobody wants to do it due to the pressure.

I have always said that ACC officials are the very worse I have ever seen, pro,college, high school, you name it...The worse...

I think SEC's are much better than ACC's. Ron Cherry is good though. They are all so in awe of F$U that the only way to beat the criminoles is to blow them out, or the refs will rescue them if it is close.

With all of our focus on what changes would be made here at Tech and also on expansion, in two months we will be playing, and much like the dunces running some of the schools at the Triangle, our conference has dunces running the officiating crew.

The last time the dolt was interviewed after some huge blown calls in conference games,the head cheeze, who sounded like they dragged him from the old folks home, basically said nothing was wrong, get lost, and there was no need to improve.

He should have been called to commissioners office, forced to watch the films of the atrocious calls, and fired on the spot.

IF Miami comes, and IF we ever have a championship game, it will spotlight a weakness that we all have recognized - ACC officiating stinks.

A solution would have been some off season personnel changes, some mandatory film reviews, an institution of a rating system post game with consequences, and an early reporting system for scrimmages and work prior to the season beginning. Oh, they will cry that it's not a full time job, but Gomer can get along fine back at the Exxon while they learn to get their butts in position to make a call.

Back