ACC players of the week

Didn't take long for this thread go to full Gibbs, and rightly so. Good news is we're improving; an OL and a DL getting POTW is great news. Better news is our QB has multiple ROTW awards. Best news is our most electric player isn't even in that group.

If Jahmyr wants to take the rest of this season to get healthy, give it to him along with my compliments. Unless the NCAA doesn't want me giving him compliments. T-shirts are bad but cars and tats are OK, so I can never tell. Please just don't ruin this for me. I was there for Hollings and I still bear the scars.

:stir: I will gladly accept the big cries in honor of all the posters who have been crying about the 'empty cupboard' 'no players who can compete in the G5 much less the P5' for the past 2 seasons. Plenty of egg on your faces having a CPJ recruited Offensive Lineman get ACC player of the week honors. :heelclick: All the CPJ OL recruiting theories just went up in a blaze. Good for Zach and CBK for getting him to that level.

Last edited:
:stir: I will gladly accept the big cries in honor of all the posters who have been crying about the 'empty cupboard' 'no players who can compete in the G5 much less the P5' for the past 2 seasons. Plenty of egg on your faces having a CPJ recruited Offensive Lineman get ACC player of the week honors. :heelclick: All the CPJ OL recruits theories just went up in a blaze. Good for Zach and CBK for getting him to that level.
So what you’re saying is the only reason he received the award is because of Collins’ staff? You’re not exactly proving your point here.

So what you’re saying is the only reason he received the award is because of Collins’ staff? You’re not exactly proving your point here.

:bfd:. Zach got the award despite allegedly being too short and not having length and being FCS level talent. Does the coaching staff deserve some credit, of course; but the whole mantra about how crappy CPJ's OL recruits are just got smoked.

You can start with this thread:

Yeah. I'm not seeing where anyone says we have no P5 or G5 worthy CPJ players. In fact the only bare cupboard comment seems to be about how many recruits CPJ brought in at the position his final year, which has nothing to do with your conflated definition.

:bfd:. Zach got the award despite allegedly being too short and not having length and being FCS level talent. Does the coaching staff deserve some credit, of course; but the whole mantra about how crappy CPJ's OL recruits are just got smoked.
To be fair, both lines bulled over Duke. I don’t cere who recruited them or coached them. They’re GT men and that was fun to watch.

To be fair, I don't think those criticisms were leveled at Zach who was the tallest lineman when Collins was hired. Moreover, if you read why he got the honor, it had to do with drive blocking and not pass pro, so this was an opponent and a gameplan that suited his skills.

CPJ left the cupboard bare alright, by signing two OL in 2018 and zero in 2019, paving the way for a lot of preferred walk-on PT just to field a 2-deep. That created the size gap, not Quinney, Cooper or DeFoor. Which is why they're playing and not replaced by a freshman or a transfer.

Yeah. I'm not seeing where anyone says we have no P5 or G5 worthy CPJ players. In fact the only bare cupboard comment seems to be about how many recruits CPJ brought in at the position his final year, which has nothing to do with your conflated definition.

Maybe check out this one too:

Maybe check out this one too:

Quote some examples. I'm not going through all of those for your benefit.

Again, I wanna see where someone says we have zero P5 or G5 talent inherited from CPJ and I'll join you in laughing at them.

To be fair, I don't think those criticisms were leveled at Zach who was the tallest lineman when Collins was hired. Moreover, if you read why he got the honor, it had to do with drive blocking and not pass pro, so this was an opponent and a gameplan that suited his skills.

CPJ left the cupboard bare alright, by signing two OL in 2018 and zero in 2019, paving the way for a lot of preferred walk-on PT just to field a 2-deep. That created the size gap, not Quinney, Cooper or DeFoor. Which is why they're playing and not replaced by a freshman or a transfer.

I don't recall a single post where people were criticizing CPJ's offensive line recruits and added "except for Zach"; but I am pretty clumsy using the StingTalk search engine. I hope you guys aren't going to start pretending no one has ever criticized the size of CPJ's OL recruits.

As for CPJ not signing OL's in 2019 that is addressed in the earlier thread I linked by someone else. We had some OL recruits in 2019 but CGC elected to pass on them; which is fine, I think CGC decided save the 'ships for transfers.

Quote some examples. I'm not going through all of those for your benefit.

Again, I wanna see where someone says we have zero P5 or G5 talent inherited from CPJ and I'll join you in laughing at them.

Do your own search chief.

Back