@UVA

NCST----
@FSU
MD

MD----
UVA
@NCST
@WAKE

Clemson, Wake, and UVA all have 3 losses. If no team has 2 losses there will probably be a few with 3 losses.

No matter how you look at we are in the best position to finish in 2nd place.

There's a lot left to shake out still. Between MD and FSU, NC State is subject to pick up at least a 3rd loss. Maryland, IMO, even though it has a tough trio left, is capable of running that table, but as long as we don't get a loss, we got them head to head. Clemson has FSU left, so they're probably headed for a 4th loss. If Virginia wins out, beating us, they could get 2nd place IF Maryland and FSU beat NC State, which could happen. UVA, MD and us would all finish with 3 losses (provided we beat Duke and UNC), but UVA would have the head to head on both GT and MD. If Maryland runs it, we have to run it too. Then we'll have the head to head on them. Still, none of this guarantees we'll end up in the Gator or Peach, the bowls I'd prefer we play in.

Law-bee, no doubt about it, on paper, we have the best shot. The only problem, we will be playing on the field instead of on the paper.

I like our chances.

Father Time

Also, NC St went to the Gator last yr. That pretty much eliminates them for the Gator, unless they are the only 2 loss ACC team & have a W over FSU.
Right now, it appears to be a 2 horse race for the Gator between GT & UMd. I'd say that the Gator would prefer GT over Md, but Umd made a strong showing at last yr's Peach.

I'd say that the Gator would prefer GT over Md, but Umd made a strong showing at last yr's Peach.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">They may have played well but they only brought about 15 fans with them.
rolleyes.gif

If I understand correctly, the Gator Bowl people like Tech. We bring a lot of folks, and Bobby Dodd chose to play there with one of his good teams to help them become a major bowl.

Father Time

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
If I understand correctly, the Gator Bowl people like Tech. We bring a lot of folks, and Bobby Dodd chose to play there with one of his good teams to help them become a major bowl.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yes I believe it was 1956 when they played on the last sat. before new years day.

As well, I think the head of the Gator Bowl is a GT man. Plus, in seasons like this - we may bring a good crowd to the game. Additionally, we have a few Jax connections on the team. I'd say Clemson was our only real threat in the "brining a good crowd of fans" competition and they have virtually shot their foot off.
All things being somewhat equal recordwise, I think we trump everyone else.

Back