ACC stops everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
NCAA has stopped everything, as well, including the College World Series, which isn't until June. I guess they figure they won't get much of a regular season in.

Isn't the death rate for people 70+ something like 8-10%? Doesn't really seem like an overreaction to me.

we dont know that. What we know is around 80 percent of the deaths are in that age group

the denominator of this virus is an unknown. They say xyz tens of thousands have had it but the reality is, is it could be 2-3x that amount because in most cases its a minor cold and people move on

before all this histeria thats all it woulda been.

the elderly passing due to this would have equally passed had they got the flu too and it developed into pneumonia. Thats why this is an overreaction beyond anything i have seen

we dont know that. What we know is around 80 percent of the deaths are in that age group

the denominator of this virus is an unknown. They say xyz tens of thousands have had it but the reality is, is it could be 2-3x that amount because in most cases its a minor cold and people move on

the elderly passing due to this would have equally passed had they got the flu too and it developed into pneumonia. Thats why this is an overreaction beyond anything i have seen

Those are a lot of ifs. Yes, obviously old people can die of things besides the coronavirus.

The numbers in China from a few weeks ago had it at about 15%. Obviously it's lower than that, but still significant.

I'm not really sure why some are so eager to downplay it. As a nation, you either take the precautions to prevent massive infection and live with some people whining that it's an overreaction, or you don't and live with people questioning why you sat on your hands.

The numbers in China from a few weeks ago had it at about 15%. Obviously it's lower than that, but still significant.

I'm not really sure why some are so eager to downplay it. As a nation, you either take the precautions to prevent massive infection and live with some people whining that it's an overreaction, or you don't and live with people questioning why you sat on your hands.
Because their god-king told them to

All that matters here is that it is not 10%.
I suggest you tone it down.

I was on a call with the chief medical officer of Goldman Sachs and he said 70% of Americans will get it, millions will die, it will take the US a decade for the economy to recover. Sounds serious.

I was on a call with the chief medical officer of Goldman Sachs and he said 70% of Americans will get it, millions will die, it will take the US a decade for the economy to recover. Sounds serious.
Millions of Americans?

I wish he would bet me money on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back