Achilles Heel -- Defensive Line

Gramblin' Wreck

Varsity Lurker
Our line is too small whereas the Jackets do not get a consistent pass rush throughout the game. It seems when Tenuta does not call stunts to confuse the O-lineman, we do not get to the QB. Although, Henderson played well, collectively the line will be too small against O-linemen like at Auburn, Florida St, and Georgia. We have to blitz to compensate for the lack of pass rush, but the problem is our secondary is average. To blitz as much as Tech does we need lock down corners.

We will get better, but priority in the offseason must be to recruit bigger tackles, and corners that can play man. We should play Scott to get him some experience -- he can not do any worse than the current crew. Let him learn like Dawan Landry (clearly learning out on the field).

We blitzed a lot in the first half and still didn't get pressure on thier QB (who was very average in my opinion). I am not sure what we do to improve we don't have the horses.

We have to continue being creative calling stunts and twists capitlizing on our speed on the D-line. But, you are right -- we do not have any horses.
frown.gif

IMO, the defense did all they could do. Looked like the O-line was uninspired, opened few holes and played a fair game. The loss of Hollings, Bridges, Sampson leaves us with a walk-on at tailback. Think what Reggie could do with more weapons in the arsenal. Ditto for the Defense. 3 & out leaves the D in a bad situation. Bilbo gets ZERO plays, no throws over the middle for Tech, BYU exploits the middle and grinds out long drives. No option by Ball surprised me. Where was Ace? I have more questions now than before. Henderson played his guts out. Better days are ahead.

Back