Adam "Pac Man" Jones

Beesnut

Varsity Lurker
The Lord works in mysterious ways and he must surely be a Tech fan (just kidding guys).

Tech does a good job of not only recruiting "our type of players" but also athletes that act with the maturity and responsibility that comes with being on scholarship for Tech.

I think that this proves that Chan "BUCK" as he is lovingly referred to by some is a pretty good judge of character since it would seem he did not recruit them as dilligently as as some would have liked.
flamethrower.gif
rocketlauncher.gif
2gunsfiring.gif
lightningzap.gif

I also remember the "Adam's got no character" post from a signee. Maybe he was right.

Originally posted by FAN OF BOBBY DODD:
I think that this proves that Chan "BUCK" as he is lovingly referred to by some is a pretty good judge of character since it would seem he did not recruit them as dilligently as as some would have liked.
flamethrower.gif
rocketlauncher.gif
2gunsfiring.gif
lightningzap.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Buck may or may not be a good judge of character; but that had nothing to do with PacMan jilting him at the altar.

Originally posted by beeware:
Buck may or may not be a good judge of character; but that had nothing to do with PacMan jilting him at the altar.[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">What was the reason Pacman went to WVU?

Originally posted by jacketguy:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by beeware:
Buck may or may not be a good judge of character; but that had nothing to do with PacMan jilting him at the altar.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">What was the reason Pacman went to WVU?[/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Maybe because it's easier to beat up on people up there???
wink.gif

Originally posted by jacketguy:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by beeware:
Buck may or may not be a good judge of character; but that had nothing to do with PacMan jilting him at the altar.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">What was the reason Pacman went to WVU?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">J-guy,
My understanding is, after PacMan had committed to TECH, that our people kind of dropped the ball and took him for granted. West Virginia kept recruiting him right up to signing day and talked him into switching...much like UGag did with Fred Gibson (stolen from Florida) and Gerald Anderson (stolen from Tech) the year before.
We did not drop PacMan due to character issues.

I remember that now... he didnt feel we courted him as we should... thanks for the info....

...Remember the CB that committed to us and then switched baseball caps and his commitment at his signing day press conference. I read in the main section of the Gwinnett Daily Post today that he was arrested along with another WVU football player on charges of assaulitng two students at a Morgantown bar with pool sticks. The pair were arraigned on charges of felony malicious assault.

Interesting...

One of the signees from that class last year (to remain nameless) posted a message on the Hive just after signing day that we would be better off without Adam because of his attitude. Sounds like our mystery poster knew what he was talking about.

I remember seeing that post now that you mention it. Hmmm, the Scranton saga and now this with "Pac-man" - we were disappointed when we "lost-out" on their signings. I guess everything happens for a reason.

So are you saying your hero O'Leary dropped the ball on Gerald Anderson?

LOL. I can always count on Un-aware to contradict himself.

Very good point Tech. Ofcourse we have a different set of rules when it comes to "Buck" than we do for the big O. Atleast by some.

Originally posted by Technician:
So are you saying your hero O'Leary dropped the ball on Gerald Anderson?

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">No...Coach O'leary didn't drop the ball on Gerald Anderson. Ugag did their usual last second tricks and got Anderson to go on an unannounced visit to Ugag....which as you know was a no-no with Coach O'leary. When O'leary found out about it and confronted Anderson, at first he denied it....which as you know is a BIG NO-NO with Coach O'leary....so Coach O'leary IMMEDIATELY pulled the scholarship offer and Anderson and Gibson ended up at UGAG. Spurrier was so mad that he wanted an NCAA investigation about it.

TECHIE-NUT, the difference is O'leary knew Anderson wasn't going to sign. Gailey thought Pac-Man was going to sign because he hadn't kept in touch with him....BIG DIFFERENCE even a right-wing nutcase like you could understand.

pat.gif
pat.gif

Back