After last night, one thing is for sure.........

MoverofFridge2

Helluva Engineer
Dave Braine and Chan have to go!!!!!!!

How long do we have to sit and watch while our players suffer from an inate lack of leadership. The last thing I want to see is a return to the Bill Lewis days. It took a while to get out of that hole and it could take longer this time. It is clearly evident that we HAVE players, we need someone who is going to lead them and put them in a position to be successful every time they take the field.

Last night offense was an abomination. As I was discussing with my brother earlier, I think I saw four or five running plays. The toss sweep, the quarterback draw, the off tackle play, quick trap and one other I can't recall at this time. Passing wise, how much more limited is Chan gonna make Reggie. For goodness sakes go out and OPEN the offense and whatever happens, happens. I do believe that Reggie is our guy that can lead us where we want to go. HE IS AN ATHLETE as we all saw last night, so let him go make plays. Do not cuff his ability to check off. If we are going with him, then open it up and let it fly. He will make mistakes undoubtably, but he will learn from his mistakes and move on. Joe H. made many, but look where he took us. The offensive line was unbearably lousy. An offense will only be as good as the guys up front, and last night they were not very good at all in my opinion.

I am afraid we could be in for a long year, but if it does happen let's open it up and be exciting. Reggie will make plays. Let's take the bumps and bruises with a frosh QB, but give him the entire package to work with while he is on the field. We are not good enough for the 3 yards in a cloud of dust offense!!

My last statement is this, a Tech man should run the Tech program. We have tried the other way, so let's bring in one of our own and let him run it whoever that might be. DB is not a Tech man and does not to be the leader of our program. He can talk about all his supposed success he wants, but the bottom line is he is NOT getting the job done with the people he has put in place.

As always TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!!!!!!!!

I just stopped reading your post after the first two lines and still have a good reply:

Shut up and get a life.

Good Post...

I agree about opening it up, what do we have to lose? We are already in for rough sledding and will probably be underdogs in most of the games.

My concern, not having the coaches that can make this happen. I said all along I didn't think these were good assistants or HC. Surround yourself with good assistants and the HC comes out on top every time and the players get coached UP!

For an offensive line that WAS SUPPOSE to be the best in the ACC and the STRENGTH of our team - we looked pathetic against a weak BYU defensive line and an overall subpar BYU team! We have the players there but the OL coach is not good. I said this last season.

The Duke transplant (De'Allasasndres)who took over for Mac was a huge backwards slide. Previous to Mac we had Doug Marrone who did a great job as well with some powerful GT offenses that ran multiple formations. We almost saw something new each week. Good offensive line coach can make that happen.

I heard Chan say we would have running back by committee this week. I saw PJ Daniels and that's it - what happened? For a young team, play as many as you can. Give them time to grow in game experience. Very disappointed here.

Jonathan Smith was the ONLY WR receiver thrown to. We need to get the ball in other receivers hands on a consistent basis - they need to learn on the fly. I think he did a great job but we need offensive production from other receivers. Jonathan CANNOT carry this load by himself. He'll be worn out before the 3rd game and more risk for injury that WE DON'T NEED.

We're on a 3 game losing streak and things do not look good - somebody on this coaching staff needs to get a hold of this situation and improve the on field product! These players NEED teaching and good game preparation - veterans and rookies both!

troll.jpg

Smith did seem to be the only receiver out there, but I think Ball was looking for him. That will change as Ball gets more comfortable on the field and with the other receivers.

Originally posted by The Jacket:
I just stopped reading your post after the first two lines and still have a good reply:

Shut up and get a life.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I stopped reading after one line.

Son, I SAY SON!!!! YOU GOT ROCKS IN YOUR HEAD!!!??

BarrelORum: why i see it SON!!!!!! Sorry if you are offended. (no i'm not) I have backed off of Chan after speaking with brother(refrigeratormover) but I still stand behind my mindset on Braine. He is NOT a Tech man and never will be SON!!!!!

Originally posted by Moverof Fridge2:
Dave Braine and Chan have to go!!!!!!!

How long do we have to sit and watch while our players suffer from an inate lack of leadership. The last thing I want to see is a return to the Bill Lewis days. It took a while to get out of that hole and it could take longer this time. It is clearly evident that we HAVE players, we need someone who is going to lead them and put them in a position to be successful every time they take the field.

I am afraid we could be in for a long year, but if it does happen let's open it up and be exciting. Reggie will make plays. Let's take the bumps and bruises with a frosh QB, but give him the entire package to work with while he is on the field. We are not good enough for the 3 yards in a cloud of dust offense!!

My last statement is this, a Tech man should run the Tech program. We have tried the other way, so let's bring in one of our own and let him run it whoever that might be. DB is not a Tech man and does not to be the leader of our program. He can talk about all his supposed success he wants, but the bottom line is he is NOT getting the job done with the people he has put in place.

As always TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!!!!!!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">.
Hey #2, I thought you made good points, and you are right about Braine and Gailey.
Don't worry about the FOCers. They are scared of losing face, and see the end now. They will say things to quiet you. But there are way too many Tech fans who will not stand for this program to be mishandled, and support you and your opinion. Keep it up.
BOO

Originally posted by BeerNutts:
All you people asking about opening up the offense need to look at our offensive production on the field, and why we weren't able to score. here's the numbers:
10 Offensive posession (Defense couldn't stop BYU, that's not good)

3 punts (good ratio)
1 end-of-half (only had ball for little over a minute)
2 scores
1 fumble not in the red zone
3 turnovers in the red zone

Our 1st probelm, and biggest problem was we couldn't stop BYU, and they held the ball FOREVER. That has nothign to do with the offense.

2nd problem is turnovers. with only 10 posessions you can't turn the ball over 40% of the time (BYU, you think "opening up the offense will make this stat better?)

The other problem we had was we couldn't put the ball in the endzone when we got close. Ball had 2 passes he just overthrew on (jitters) in the endzone, and that delay of game was bad. Atleast Burnett made his 2 kicks.

I'm not sure how the problems we had was due to the gameplan. 4 turnovers has nothign to do with the gae plan. And using our simple game plan, BYU only stopeed us 3 out of ten times.
Not bad.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Hammer, nail, head. I agree. Turnovers killed GT.

What do we have to lose opening it up? Reggie Ball's confidence. If you don't think we have anything to lose, then why not take the opportunity to get this kid grounded instead of trying to pull off some wild crap that won't work and will just hurt him.

Anyways, I think we had a solid gameplan last night that would have worked and almost did. We let a bunch of key turnovers.

Touche', MsTA, I could not agree with
you more!!

We have some serious problems with some
of our assistant coaches and I will not
name names. It doesn't take a genius to
figure out where the problems are.

The one thing that made Bobby Dodd, the
great coach he was, was his selction of great
assistant coaches.

They were great teachers, something that
is sadly missing with this present staff.

"BROTHERS & SISTERS, GET READY FOR A LONG,
LONG YEAR!"

All you people asking about opening up the offense need to look at our offensive production on the field, and why we weren't able to score. here's the numbers:
10 Offensive posession (Defense couldn't stop BYU, that's not good)

3 punts (good ratio)
1 end-of-half (only had ball for little over a minute)
2 scores
1 fumble not in the red zone
3 turnovers in the red zone

Our 1st probelm, and biggest problem was we couldn't stop BYU, and they held the ball FOREVER. That has nothign to do with the offense.

2nd problem is turnovers. with only 10 posessions you can't turn the ball over 40% of the time (BYU, you think "opening up the offense will make this stat better?)

The other problem we had was we couldn't put the ball in the endzone when we got close. Ball had 2 passes he just overthrew on (jitters) in the endzone, and that delay of game was bad. Atleast Burnett made his 2 kicks.

I'm not sure how the problems we had was due to the gameplan. 4 turnovers has nothign to do with the gae plan. And using our simple game plan, BYU only stopeed us 3 out of ten times.
Not bad.

Back