After the crapfest that 2020 has been...

I feel like a broke wino who just found a $100 bill in the pocket of a Goodwill coat he just got.
CSB: I found a $10 bill in the Disco Kroger parking lot yesterday at lunch. Felt like I should give it to a homeless person, but did not encounter one. Still debating what kind of special treat to buy myself with it.

CSB: I found a $10 bill in the Disco Kroger parking lot yesterday at lunch. Felt like I should give it to a homeless person, but did not encounter one. Still debating what kind of special treat to buy myself with it.

CSB continued: If you go 2 miles down Piedmont to Lindbergh/Morosgo Kroger parking lot you can find 30 homeless people camping right next to it and harassing everyone who pulls in. After my building burned down and I moved up the street I’ve been going to Disco Kroger and I hadn’t been to Morosgo Kroger in a month. Yesterday I went there because Disco didn’t have bulgur like Morosgo does and I noticed it got much much worse than it was a month ago. Very few cars in the parking lot, security trying to chase homeless people away, complete öööö show. I didn’t feel safe enough to stop and just turned around and went back home.

Taco Bell party pack.

CSB continued: If you go 2 miles down Piedmont to Lindbergh/Morosgo Kroger parking lot you can find 30 homeless people camping right next to it and harassing everyone who pulls in. After my building burned down and I moved up the street I’ve been going to Disco Kroger and I hadn’t been to Morosgo Kroger in a month. Yesterday I went there because Disco didn’t have bulgur like Morosgo does and I noticed it got much much worse than it was a month ago. Very few cars in the parking lot, security trying to chase homeless people away, complete öööö show. I didn’t feel safe enough to stop and just turned around and went back home.
I wonder why those homeless dudes congregate in that area?

I wonder why those homeless dudes congregate in that area?

They demolished a lot of old run down apartments in that area a while back to build new apartment complexes. The rent started skyrocketing in that area. I’m thinking the displaced tenants couldn’t afford rent in the new buildings. Some decided to stick around and people walking out with multiple bags of groceries in the brand new Kroger provided the perfect opportunity to make them feel bad and give change. Homeless people talk to each other too so they probably told others where they were getting money. There’s also a Home Depot across the street where people hang around for work so there’s also that.

I think Avana burning down and 150 units of residents being displaced caused some strain on the homeless economy. That’s around 500 people not shopping at that Kroger on a weekly basis. That would explain why the store traffic is down and why the homeless in the area are getting more aggressive since they’re not getting as much money flowing in.

They demolished a lot of old run down apartments in that area a while back to build new apartment complexes. The rent started skyrocketing in that area for awhile. I’m thinking the displaced tenants couldn’t afford the rent in the new buildings. Some decided to stick around and people walking out with multiple bags of groceries in the brand new Kroger provided the perfect opportunity to make them feel bad and give change. Homeless people talk to each other too so they probably told others where they were getting money. There’s also a Home Depot across the street where people hang around for work so there’s also that.

I think Avana burning down and 150 units of residents being displaced caused some strain on the homeless economy. That’s around 500 people not shopping at that Kroger on a weekly basis. That would explain why the store traffic is down and why the homeless in the area are getting more aggressive since they’re not getting as much money flowing in.
Those old apartments were heavily stocked with big Hispanic families, and the homeless dudes were hanging around there back then, too. You may be right about some overlap between the homeless dudes and the day laborer pools in that area, but honestly they look like two different populations, to this racist.

Those old apartments were heavily stocked with big Hispanic families, and the homeless dudes were hanging around there back then, too. You may be right about some overlap between the homeless dudes and the day laborer pools in that area, but honestly they look like two different populations, to this racist.
The homeless population in Morosgo is a mix of white and black. Day laborers are mostly Hispanic yes. But those hang out on Adina drive right by the post office and the Dump furniture store. There are also some non-Hispanics that hang out by Chevron right next to the Kroger also asking people for work. Those guys overlap with the homeless camp on Morosgo place.

The homeless population in Morosgo is a mix of white and black. Day laborers are mostly Hispanic yes. But those hang out on Adina drive right by the post office and the Dump furniture store. There are also some non-Hispanics that hang out by Chevron right next to the Kroger also asking people for work. Those guys overlap with the homeless camp on Morosgo place.
You gotta think the owners of other businesses in the area thank their lucky stars the herd/school/(what is the collective noun for homeless people) doesn't migrate to their place of business.

Back