Afternoon ACC Thread

I think technically the offense scored two points. Which is still impressively bizarre.
I was going to put an asterisk on that but do point after conversions really count as offensive points?

For example a point after kick is usually given to the offense as part of a touchdown, so I'll give the defense the credit for the 2 point convversion.

I was going to put an asterisk on that but do point after conversions really count as offensive points?

For example a point after kick is usually given to the offense as part of a touchdown, so I'll give the defense the credit for the 2 point convversion.

PATs are credited to a non offensive player. Two point conversions are credited to an offensive player. Simple as that IMO.

PATs are credited to a non offensive player. Two point conversions are credited to an offensive player. Simple as that IMO.
At an individual level yes, but at a team level I'm not so sure.

When people say "so and so is #1 in scoring offense with X points per game" do they include extra points? I would think yes.

But they also may include defensive scores too. I'm not really sure how the metrics are measured.

(what is a tech message board good for if not pedantic arguments between people who agree?)

At an individual level yes, but at a team level I'm not so sure.

When people say "so and so is #1 in scoring offense with X points per game" do they include extra points? I would think yes.

But they also may include defensive scores too. I'm not really sure how the metrics are measured.

(what is a tech message board good for if not pedantic arguments between people who agree?)

Very good point, special teams gets a pretty raw deal, missing out on all those extra points per game.

if we had beaten Pitt, we would still control our destiny in the coastal.......argh!

Back