Again: Woeful Mismangement...

I am amazed GT fans continue to come on GT boards and make axiomatic statements that serve no purpose but to criticize the coaching staff and/or GT players.
I ask myself why -
a. are you so miserable in your life you want to share it with others?
b. are you trying to justify your previous criticisms that no longer make sense when we are 8-2, Coastal champs and going to the ACC championship?
c. are you so full of yourself that you think you know something that the coaches or the rest of us don't?
d. do you want to be negative just for the hel* of it?
e. are you just always contrary?

I would just like to say that when we lose, even if we play great, it is still a loss. When we win, I am happy,and a win is a win regardless of how you try to diminish it. When we look at our record at the end of the year, I won't give a damn how many points we won a game by or how many catches CJ made in a paticular game. All I will want to know is how many did we win and how many did we lose.

gtguy said:
I am amazed GT fans continue to come on GT boards and make axiomatic statements that serve no purpose but to criticize the coaching staff and/or GT players.
I ask myself why -
b. are you trying to justify your previous criticisms that no longer make sense when we are 8-2, Coastal champs and going to the ACC championship?
c. are you so full of yourself that you think you know something that the coaches or the rest of us don't?

I would just like to say that when we lose, even if we play great, it is still a loss. When we win, I am happy,and a win is a win regardless of how you try to diminish it. When we look at our record at the end of the year, I won't give a damn how many points we won a game by or how many catches CJ made in a paticular game. All I will want to know is how many did we win and how many did we lose.
Good post man. You just spoke for me and the majority of users on this board.

Amen.

I still don't understand the basic premise. UNC was using a linebacker and corner on short routes and rolling a safety over that top. How many int's would Reggie have thrown into that coverage?

The offensive key was to take advantage of the defense by throwing to other receivers (Johnson) and running into the zones being cleared out. After the first couple of drives, Choice wasn't finding much room up the middle and Reggie could not hit a single teamed James Johnson with the consistency to force UNC to adjust.

Since GT had the lead, it didn't make sense to try riskier throws. If UNC had tied the game, we probably would have adjusted. Instead, the coaching staff put it on the punter and defense and it worked out this time. It was ugly, but a win is a win.:fingersx:

gtguy said:

Ding! You said the secret word, you win $100! That's the first time the word 'axiomatic' has been used on Stingtalk!

gtguy said:
I ask myself why -

Only part of C. applies and I'll leave it up to you to figure out which part it is. But it's quite obvious which part.

Do you think the coaching staff wasn't negative in at least the slightest way at halftime. Or maybe even at today's meetings. Do you think the coaches were proud of everything that happened yesterday? Our negativity is nothing more than that which you allow coaches. Deal with it, if you can, alice!

Alice, my as*! Apparently you want to roll around in negativity. Anyone who watched the game saw what was stated in this original post. But, only a few of you enjoy being able to point it out on a GT site. So enjoy!

He's the simple answer architech. The coaches obviously know Calvin is the main weapon on the field. But they also saw UNC rolling 3 guys his way on every pass play. So they were attempting to open it up by using JJ and other receivers, as well as the run to make them play him more honestly. The problem is that Reggie couldn't hit anyone yesterday. If JJ catches any of the long balls intended for him, the coverage would have had to roll over and CJ would have been in either one on one or at least only 2 on 1. "throw the ball to Calvin" isn't an offense. It's a recipe for interceptions and losing if the opponent sells out to stop him.

Besides, who cares if Calvin only caught 3 balls, if JJ had caught 2 long TD passes because the D was playing him man to man because the were so afraid of CJ? The point is to win right, not invidual stats? And if Reggie had been accurate yesterday that would have been the case because he was open.

ncjacket said:
He's the simple answer architech. The coaches obviously know Calvin is the main weapon on the field. But they also saw UNC rolling 3 guys his way on every pass play. So they were attempting to open it up by using JJ and other receivers, as well as the run to make them play him more honestly. The problem is that Reggie couldn't hit anyone yesterday. If JJ catches any of the long balls intended for him, the coverage would have had to roll over and CJ would have been in either one on one or at least only 2 on 1. "throw the ball to Calvin" isn't an offense. It's a recipe for interceptions and losing if the opponent sells out to stop him.

Besides, who cares if Calvin only caught 3 balls, if JJ had caught 2 long TD passes because the D was playing him man to man because the were so afraid of CJ? The point is to win right, not invidual stats? And if Reggie had been accurate yesterday that would have been the case because he was open.

ok. You make a good point. Especially with "throw the ball to Calvin isn't an offense."

I haven't read anywhere where fans aren't happy we won.

All I see are fans hoping that we make an adjustment on offense mainly, IMO, because our QB is hurt and totally unable to help the offense right now. If our offense sticks their head in the sand, we could lose our last three games and I don't want to see that happen.

RB is definitely playing hurt. CJ is attracting ATTENTION. These two options to the Offense are gone so this leaves the Run and the Run which GT did well yesterday. Correct me if I am wrong but the final score was 7-0 in favor of GT and that should be the end of this tune of woe. Let's beat DUKE and then the MUTTS and win the ACCCG and the OB. Life is good @ 8-2 but even better at 12-2. Gold glasses yes but my glass is not yet full and there is more to come. GO JACKETS!!!

midatlantech said:
If our offense sticks their head in the sand, we could lose our last three games and I don't want to see that happen.

Actually, the most we could lose is two. There's no way we lose to Duke - poor offense or not. That leaves UGA and the ACC Atlantic Division Champs. We'll take at least one of those games. I'm rootin' for two.

For Christmas, I want a QB at GT who can see down field AND not think that HE is the only person playing.

Nominated for TG's "Post of the Year Award"

GT65_UGA89 said:
The mismanagement of one's Johnson can lead to 18 years of monthly payments.
This is another nominee for TechGator's 1st annual post of the year. Congrats GT65_UGA89!!:biggthumpup:

I AM BY NO MEANS REHASHING THIS THREAD SO PLEASE DON'T DISCUSS THIS THREAD.

Back