Ahhhh, here's the Tigernet post I was hoping to see...

elwoodGT

Varsity Lurker
This (link) is why I love being a Tech fan

clemsonstunna
Amateur [304 pts]
Spartanburg,SC
How Does GT Do It? Posted: Dec 6, 2009 12:41 AM

We have the bigger stadium. We have the larger fan base. We have higher ranked recruiting classes. Yet, they beat us year after year after year after year. How?

clemsonstunna
Amateur [304 pts]
Spartanburg,SC

We have the bigger stadium. We have the larger fan base. We have higher ranked recruiting classes. Yet, they beat us year after year after year after year. How?

Because no of those things have any bearing on the outcome of a football game.

Is this guy secretly a SEC fan?

Because no of those things have any bearing on the outcome of a football game.

Is this guy secretly a SEC fan?

Must be. What he doesn't account for is that we have had an advantage coaching for quite some time now over them from Ross to CPJ--never has the advantage been as big as it is now.:biggthumpup:

Clearly this person has overlooked some of the key elements of football.

clemsonstunna
Amateur [304 pts]
Spartanburg,SC

See word in bold and underlined above. Explains a lot. :)

Whatever. We run a high school offense, they run a high school message board format.

I like this one better:
You know, everyone is making Paul Johnson out to be an offensive guru, but Napier kept up with him in terms of scoring points. Really, I didn't see much to get excited about on the GT side. Sure they won, but is not like their offense was that much more productive that ours (points wise).

They did take care of the ball. Parker threw 2 ints. That was the difference in the ball game. Not Johnson's brilliance.

The difference? When Tech's best offensive player graduates, others will fill his spot and continue to succeed.

When Clemson's best offensive player graduates, they will retire his jersey and talk about how he was the best they had in a long long time/

I like this one better:

The difference? When Tech's best offensive player graduates, others will fill his spot and continue to succeed.

When Clemson's best offensive player graduates, they will retire his jersey and talk about how he was the best they had in a long long time/

Yeah. It's beyond dumb to not account for the difference between the team with CJ Spiller (who I had vastly underestimated) and a solid o-line and the team without Spiller and a makeshift offenslive line.

man what sore losers. talking about the responses of course.

When GT lost this season, the only thing that got sore was the mail server that hosts Dave Wommack's GTAA e-mail address. I don't recall many of us discrediting Miami or UGAg as much as complaining that parts of our team didn't show up to play.

I like this one better:

Kid was way out of line anyway. We were productive against a defense 10x better than the one they faced.

Whatever. We run a high school offense, they run a high school message board format.

This is a key that nobody ever brings up. We have better internet posters, a real key to winning I'm sure.

clemsonstunna
Amateur [304 pts]
Spartanburg,SC

This is kind of tame. I have seen posts way worst from our own fan base after loses.

I would tell this guy that it comes down to coaching. Dabo Swinney is a nice guy, but not HC material. Coaching matters a lot at the CFB level. This has been proven by coaches who go from program to program and show they can succeed: Saban, Paul Johnson, etc. This is one of the many reasons I blame Wommack for our defensive woes.

Sounds like an ignorant Doggy fan. Stadium has nothing to do with the game itself. The fans don't play in the game. And recruiting services are crap.

clemsonstunna
Amateur [304 pts]
Spartanburg,SC

Paul Johnson's balls are larger than Dabo's.

Back