Ahhhh....The INTERNET......

BLACK WATCH

Helluva Engineer
A meltdown on the Miami Board...Some idiots calling for the firing of Larry Coker....Saying the man has no sense and doesn't know how to run an Offense..

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

IM glad that AD's like Dave Braine and Prez. like Clough have seen the evolution of the internet boards in college Football and have enough sense to not put much stock in them....

[ QUOTE ]
Some idiots calling for the firing of Larry Coker
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

IM glad that AD's like Dave Braine and Prez. like Clough have seen the evolution of the internet boards in college Football and have enough sense to not put much stock in them....

[/ QUOTE ]

Where have you been, man?

This comment of yours is proof that you believe that internet enabled people actually have an impact on anything that goes on inside a program.

What you say, or what I say, or what anyone else says in boards like this is just venting from people that would rather discuss football versus cleaning out their garage. It is fun, but in the bigger scheme, it means nothing.

This observation you made regarding the Miami board should prove my point. Well thought out disparaging posts on the internet are nothing more than "boos" in the 1980's.

Its a freaking discussion board for chrissakes. Not to hurt your feelings, but negative remarks here mean next to nothing when it comes to recruiting either. You have now seen that all schools have fans that want better.

If you don't believe me, check out all the fan boards of the schools you think we want to be that aren't going to play for the national championship this year. Don't be surprised.

I actually predicted this awhile back. I think Larry Coker has been living off the fat of good recruiting of the previous coach and what I refer to as "recruiting momentum," the ability to continue recruiting well based on the reputation of previous recruiting classes. But when the coach doesn't quite measure up, eventually there's a drop-off. It's an unstable situation. Things can look good for awhile, but momentum can only get you so far. You've got to supplement the recruiting with great coaching. I may be wrong, and Coker may turn out to be a great coach, but we will have to see. If he can get things turned around and get Miami back on top, then I'll believe he's the real deal.

[ QUOTE ]
I actually predicted this awhile back.

[/ QUOTE ]

God your little "I predicted this" act is so boring. I'll bet I can find many other posters that also had a OPINION (which is actually what you had, not a prediction) about Coker.

BTW, I did a search on every thing that Bunger Henry posted on Coker older than 1 month old. NADA.....NOTHING.....NO HITS.....NEVER A COKER COMMENT. Where did you post this PREDICTION? In fact the only hit you will get on stingtalk that has anything to do with bunghole and coker is in this thread. You are so full of yourself you are now delusional.

Thanks 20ozBunger.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tuberville to Miami. Just wait and see.

[/ QUOTE ]It'd be interesting to see all of the Auburn fans who wanted Tuberville gone after they lost to us and UGAg last year asking for him to come back. Particularly the ones I know personally. But I doubt it'd happen.

Fifteen yards for B.Henry for piling on with retarded posts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/trout.gif

Tuberville and Richt would be naturals for Miami

if Coker was ever replaced, because of their Miami ties....I read their board a lot, they are not high on either coach as each of them have NEVER won a MNC...The bar is VERY,VERY high at Miami...

The most important thing IS, Coker will not get fired at Miami, AD DEE and Prez. Shalala are not that stupid to listen to idiotic internet fans....Coker is a very good coach and had a young team and now plays in a tougher conference...He will be there for a long while.....

the tough thing for Coker....

as you mention is that he is now forced to play solid teams almost every week in the ACC. This is a big change for Miami. I dare say if he puts together a string of Peach Bowl games or worse, they will make some noise.

Back