AJ Suggs

wgjacket

Varsity Lurker
We got a quarterback on the bench that won seven games last years. If he had the same stats as our current quarterback everyone on this board would be yelling for his scalp. Compare this Clemson game with last year, if Gailey doens't call timeout before halftime we would of won. If AJ would of thrown an interception at FSU on the last drive we would of bad mouth him forever. Mark Bradley was right, I could not remember when so little respect was shown to a winning quarterback.

Originally posted by wgjacket:
We got a quarterback on the bench that won seven games last years. If he had the same stats as our current quarterback everyone on this board would be yelling for his scalp. Compare this Clemson game with last year, if Gailey doens't call timeout before halftime we would of won. If AJ would of thrown an interception at FSU on the last drive we would of bad mouth him forever. Mark Bradley was right, I could not remember when so little respect was shown to a winning quarterback.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">We would be 0-4 and never in any of the four if Suggs had been quarterbacking with the same coaches we have right now. Our biggest problem is not who is at the position. It is the coaching and schemes. Execution and playcalling are the byproducts of the coaching and schemes and it is a sorry state when we are setting records for worst losses to Georgia AND now Clemson in the past 100 years.

Originally posted by wgjacket:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Whatever you say.

He went 7-6, and the NC State game was the only game I saw that he did anything impressive.

Tony Hollings single handedly won the BYU game for us.

Otherwise, we beat 3 BAD teams in Duke, Vandy, and UConn.

The wins over UNC and UVA were pretty good, but please don't act like he was great for going 7-6. If he was so good, he wouldn't be backing up a true freshman.

And just for the record, I was one of the VERY few people who ever defended him on any of these message boards last year when he was playing so poorly, and I'm still appauled that he got booed on his home field.

However, he's not the guy for the job, and Ball is doing a good job with the opportunities he's been given. All things being equal, I would MUCH rather see him get some experience this year than have a 5th year senior out there producing the same record.

I love A.J. Suggs but he is not an answer to any of your questions. He'll be an answer to GT related trivia questions years from now when he is the Governor.

I like Suggs, but Ball has been running for his life this season. We would have at least twice as many sacks against us if Suggs were in and he'd probably get hurt to top it off.

Back