AJC article on Weinke and Sims working together and progress

Thank you, thegtstunner08, for posting this article from the AJC! So far, it does appear Coach Weinke will have a positive impact on our quarterbacks, namely Jeff Sims. I'm glad Jeff mentioned Coach Weinke is hard on them when needed. He also let's them know when they have done well.
It's good when a coach demands the best out of a player, but can also let them know he supports them. During the past three seasons, I think our coaching staff (overall) has been too timid to "snatch a knot in someone's tail". I'm glad Coach Weinke understands that is important for the player's progression to do so when needed.

GO JACKETS!

Thank you, thegtstunner08, for posting this article from the AJC! So far, it does appear Coach Weinke will have a positive impact on our quarterbacks, namely Jeff Sims. I'm glad Jeff mentioned Coach Weinke is hard on them when needed. He also let's them know when they have done well.
It's good when a coach demands the best out of a player, but can also let them know he supports them. During the past three seasons, I think our coaching staff (overall) has been too timid to "snatch a knot in someone's tail". I'm glad Coach Weinke understands that is important for the player's progression to do so when needed.

GO JACKETS!
No problem. I love our football team and school. I'm not happy about the past three seasons but I'm trying to be optimistic about the future. We have to find positives any chance we can get it.

Best football game I ever saw was Joe Ham v Chris Weinke. Tech lost but man oh man…there was a ton of talent on the field that night in Tallahassee.
From 98-2003, we had plenty of chances to beat them.

It's great they are talking about pass progressions. However; you have to be able to have the time, to complete those progressions. While Sims' play is paramount. Let's not undervalue the fact that the O-line has to open passing lanes and blow some holes in the D, for the RBs to run.

Best football game I ever saw was Joe Ham v Chris Weinke. Tech lost but man oh man…there was a ton of talent on the field that night in Tallahassee.
Went down there for the game with my groomsmen the week before my wedding. It was a good game and there was a great atmosphere in stadium that night. But not enough defense to be ranked among one of the best games in my eyes. It was a barn burner though and FSU was lucky to escape with the W. It was one of the best QB performances I've ever seen by Joe Ham. He was on fire. If only we could have tackled Peter Warrick.

Back