Ajc bias toward sec

yellowbritchies

Flats Noob
Not that it's any big revelation, but has anyone who still takes the AJC noticed now how the ACC shares space on the same Sunday sports page with Georgia State and other local schools? Meanwhile the high and mighty SEC scores have their own 1 page coverage and sometimes 2?

Have you noticed how badly the ACC sucks? Or that we lose every significant head-to-head match up against the SEC? Or that we don't sell out stadiums? Why write about something that the consumer isn't demanding?

Have you noticed how badly the ACC sucks? Or that we lose every significant head-to-head match up against the SEC? Or that we don't sell out stadiums? Why write about something that the consumer isn't demanding?

Well, in Atlanta, tho, Georgia Tech should take precedence over the ACC coverage regardless of the state of the conference. We have always been a stepchild to the SEC where the local media is concerned, even when we are enjoying success. Some of it is the overpowering numbers of the respective fan bases, but a lot of it is an establish bias--not so much against us but FOR the SEC and Georgia.

All that doesn't matter wombat. The bottom line is that the ACC gets print so that people can read about what's going on. What's the old saying,"doesn't matter what people are saying,as long as their talking about us".

Some of you still read the paper edition of the AJC? Why?! If you are going to read it at all, do it online.

On the list of things that suck worse than the ACC, you can add the AJC. Stop paying money for it for crying out loud.

Well, in Atlanta, tho, Georgia Tech should take precedence over the ACC coverage regardless of the state of the conference. We have always been a stepchild to the SEC where the local media is concerned, even when we are enjoying success. Some of it is the overpowering numbers of the respective fan bases, but a lot of it is an establish bias--not so much against us but FOR the SEC and Georgia.

tech alumni in atlanta are easily outnumbered by sec alumni in atlanta - and you could probably find several schools whose alumni outnumber tech's alone.

This is an example of a desire to mandate equality that I cannot see the benefit to

Stop buying AJC newspapers so they go out of business. Done.

I'd agree with this, but I get the feeling that a crazed, half-starved Bradley would begin stalking the streets of Atlanta holding a "Will write stupid articles for food" sign and probably blowing dawg fans on Ponce for $3 a head.

Baloney. We got much more press - positive or otherwise - last year compared to Georgie or the SEC overall. We represented a local story with national attention. This year we are a non-story on both levels. Hence, no coverage.

Hell, if I ran the paper I wouldn't spend much time covering us either. There just isn't that much to report. We're having a so-so year, and we aren't getting rid of our coach. Him being on the hotseat is not even a story you could try to create.

Georgie, on the other hand, is a story. One, because it's remarkable how much they suck. Two, the potential firing of Richt would be quite newsworthy.

At this point the AJC is like Richard Gere was in American Gigolo when he was down on his look and said he'd even do gay tricks.

Usually you come across smarter than this.
... think about the bigger picture... i.e. don't cut off your nose to spite your face.
The AJC is not the best but it beats the heck out of nothing. Just my opinion.

Usually you come across smarter than this.
... think about the bigger picture... i.e. don't cut off your nose to spite your face.
The AJC is not the best but it beats the heck out of nothing. Just my opinion.
What void in your life does the AJC fill?

Back