AJC Interview with 9

Yeah, you're right, this is way too much to post. I mean look at it all. Couldn't post this, nosiree bob. Bc it's just too long. :D

===================
Nesbitt: ‘I can throw ... with accuracy’
Run ability often hides arm skill, but that’s OK with QB.
by Doug Roberson

His team won the ACC championship last season, averaging more than 400 yards and 30 points per game.
So what does Georgia Tech quarterback Joshua Nesbitt, who was on the field for 99.9 percent of those yards and points, have to do to get a little bit of respect?
When reading or talking about the best quarterbacks in the ACC, all of the drop-back guys are mentioned: Florida State’s Christian Ponder; Miami’s Jacory Harris; North Carolina State’s Russell Wilson; and Virginia Tech’s Tyrod Taylor.
But Nesbitt, who was as big a threat rushing (1,037 yards) as passing (1,701) last season, is overlooked by most. Sporting News doesn’t even rank him among the top 30 quarterbacks in the country. He was passed over for preseason All-ACC honors.
In an interview with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Nesbitt said it doesn’t bother him, though he did say who it does bother. He also talked about the biggest misconception about him, the ankle that required surgery and forced him to miss spring practice, the game he’s looking forward to this season and his favorite quarterback to watch.
Q: From Year 1 to Year 2, Coach Paul Johnson’s offense improved a great deal. In Year 3 for the offense, what should fans expect?
A: Nothing less than aiming for better than last year. Thinking broader this year. Thinking national championship.
Q: There are a lot of great quarterbacks in the ACC. How do you define a QB?
A: A QB is a person that’s the leader of the team. They will take over a game, manage a game well. They don’t really have to be out on the field all the time [to do it]. It could be in the locker room or on the sideline during a game, keeping everyone’s head in the game.
Q: How do others define a QB?
A: People have their different opinions. Some people think a QB is a person who throws for 500 yards a game, and that’s it. Other people define a QB as a Tom Brady-type or a Peyton Manning-type.
Q: Does it aggravate you that you are seemingly being overlooked by many reporters and columnists as one of the best QBs in the ACC?
A: Not me. It might bother some of my family members and friends. I smile when I see it.
Q: How do you answer them?
A: Just look what I do for my team.
Q: What’s your best memory from last year?
A: ACC championship [when Tech defeated Clemson 39-34]. Just going out on that stage.
Q: Who will be the player to watch for Georgia Tech this season on offense?
A: Lot of threats. Watch for Stephen Hill, D.J. McKayhan at receiver. Tyler Melton at receiver. Anthony Allen, Roddy Jones, Embry Peeples.
Q: That’s the whole team!
A: I could go on and on.
Q: Between the loss of Demaryius "Bay-Bay" Thomas and Jonathan Dwyer, who will you miss more on the field?
A: [Nesbitt thinks for a moment]. Bay-Bay. He does more than go out and catch or block. He was another leader out on the field.
Q: What about off the field?
A: Off the field? I’m cool with both of them. I won’t miss them. They know I’m a phone call away.
Q: What about your pro prospects? Will you make it in the NFL as a quarterback? Some say as a safety.
A: I’ve given it a lot of thought. I’m hoping as a quarterback, but who knows? Whatever they see me as.
Q: Did you pay attention to the expansion talk going on earlier this summer? What were your hopes?
A: I was hoping they would bring in a couple more teams. Just to make it more interesting. It’s already a great conference, but it can’t hurt bringing in more teams. Just a team that people wouldn’t think of in the ACC.
Q: While you were out recovering [after ankle surgery], what did you do during the spring to help the other quarterbacks?
A: With Tevin [Washington, second-string quarterback], most of the stuff he already knows. You just have to keep telling him you have to go out on the field and produce. It’s nothing like in the film room.
Q: What’s the biggest misconception about you?
A: That I can’t pass. I can throw. Throw with accuracy. I don’t understand it, but most people always talk about me running, or I can’t throw. I was more of a throwing quarterback in high school coming out. I haven’t been that type of quarterback since I’ve been in college.
Q: With Bay-Bay gone, do you think that will open up the offense for the other receivers?
A: Yes it will.
Q: Will that help the A-backs or the wide receivers?
A: I feel like last year, it was more of someone getting open. Just knowing a person that can go and get it. This year, we have a variety of players, with Stephen [Hill] having a year under his belt. We have possession receivers. We have A-backs that can go out and get the ball.
Q: You seemed to be developing a connection with Peeples last season.
A: Embry’s a very special player. Being a running back, he also can go out and catch the ball, show off his hands.
Q: Which game are you looking forward to most?
A: Kansas, just because it’s unique. You see them on TV.
Q: Which quarterbacks in the ACC do you enjoy watching?
A: All of them bring different things to the table. I would sit and watch all of them. All of them have different games.
Who sticks out the most is Wilson for N.C. State. He’s just a great player to me. When I flip channels and catch N.C. State, I would keep it on the channel because they scored a lot of points.
================================

That, is complete brain damage to read...but kudos for being more bold than me! ;)

Yeah, you're right, this is way too much to post. I mean look at it all. Couldn't post this, nosiree bob. Bc it's just too long. :D

Smart @$$ ;) Is everyone in your family like you? I'd like to be a fly on the wall during a GEHJ family gathering.

My eyes!!!

Good interview. Nesbitt getting drafted as a QB is pretty unlikely, as much as it would be my dream to see it happen. Maybe Tampa. Still a stretch.

Back