AJC interviews w/commitments on drama (link)

"Smith's comments came before news broke that Brian VanGorder was leaving Smith's alma mater, Georgia Southern, after one disappointing year as head coach. Smith is likely to be a candidate for that job, adding yet another wrinkle to the story."

Seriously? What else do we have to look forward to? Giff Smith would be a huge loss.

GTWannaBee said:
"Smith's comments came before news broke that Brian VanGorder was leaving Smith's alma mater, Georgia Southern, after one disappointing year as head coach. Smith is likely to be a candidate for that job, adding yet another wrinkle to the story."

Seriously? What else do we have to look forward to? Giff Smith would be a huge loss.

yes...while that was a down side of the article....the other 99% was positive!

Remember...the only way Giff stays at GT is if he becomes the DC.

I agree and I'm not disputing that; however, that was the first I had read of Smith's possible departure. It took all the focus of the article away - at least for me.

The rest was definitely positive. At least our next HC will not have the complaint of a poor incoming class.

GTWannaBee said:
At least our next HC will not have the complaint of a poor incoming class.

That is true....and next years team has 8 returning starters on defense...7 of which are seniors.

is it just me, or has it been a really long time since we had that many seniors on either side of the ball?

odw said:
is it just me, or has it been a really long time since we had that many seniors on either side of the ball?

you are correct....we have been running 5 or 6 though each year...things are balanced out right now. heck..on offense we have 7 starters back...but a couple of OL's could get beat out which is rare. Obviously we lost a key player on offense.

I would also add we have 9 returning starters on defense if you look at the Gator Bowl depth chart.

hiveredtech said:
........Obviously we lost a key player on offense...........

Are you referring to CJ or RB? ;) :laugher: :laugher: :laugher:

hivered, am I correct in assuming that next year will be the 1st time in 5 years we've had any RS juniors and seniors starting?

Last edited:
RickyReck said:
hivered, am I correct in assuming that this is the time in 5 years we've had any RS juniors and seniors starting?

I am not sure I understand your question.

Sorry will next year be the 1st time in 5 years with RS juniors and seniors starting.

Last edited:
Back