AJC Pay to Play

mm42

Dodd-Like
Remember when the AJC tried to charge money to read their columnists online? It didn't last long, to the surprise of few here no one would pay to read Bark Madley.

Well, the next time you hear about some irritating garbage Bradley or Terrence Moore spew, remember they are total failures with no significant market value:

"The Atlanta Journal Constitution learned a similar lesson in 2004 when it decided to put certain sportswriters behind the pay wall, particularly those covering the Atlanta Braves and University of Georgia and Georgia Tech football, for a few dollars a month. "We decided to take what we considered unique content," says Hide Post, AJC.com's vice president of interactive. "We saw the rush of enthusiasm in other places, like the Green Bay Packers. We were trying to build a community of folks inside that universe. But it was a small community." In about six months, the offer drew only 3,000 takers."

http://www.mediainfo.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003630150

3k WOW I thought it would be like 30.

I remember when the entire ajc.com was pay (or for subscribers) and that didn't last long either.

At first it was just the usatoday and maybe chicago tribune that were always free. NYtimes was free then went $$ and now if free as well.

internet is all about FREE. I find myself favoring free software even when paid software is available for free.

AVG anti virus is great. I also use logmein.com, and now gmail docs and spreadsheets. All these are free but I have access to paid software but I am happy with the quality so I will not leave

I had a friend (who happened to be a UGA fan) that actually signed up for that. I made fun of him relentlessly.

And I agree about the internet being all about free. That's the way it is, and should always be.

have you heard the talk of pay per e-mail? :laugher: like anybody's gonna do that.

AVG anti virus is great. I also use logmein.com, and now gmail docs and spreadsheets. All these are free but I have access to paid software but I am happy with the quality so I will not leave
Fully agree on the AVG. I've had to uninstall Norton on too many PC's to suggest anything but AVG to my clients.

Well, the next time you hear about some irritating garbage Bradley or Terrence Moore spew, remember they are total failures with no significant market value.

:laugher:
So I wonder if it ever dawned on the AJC that instead of putting a price on a worthless service, that these two guys are only worth $3K between both of them or $1,500 apiece over 6 months.

Either
1.) the AJC are over paying for their services.
or
2.) Bradley and Moore would be better suited to be digging ditches and picking up trash.

:laugher:
2.) Bradley and Moore would be better suited to be digging ditches and picking up trash.

I haven't read much Bradley, but every time I read a bad sports article in the AJC I inevitably look up and find Moore is the columnist. He has to be one of my least favorite sportswriters.

Back