AJC Props

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
Maybe more Yellow Jacket fans are dropping their subscription to the AJC than we realize. The reduction in subscriptions from Tech fans will cause the AJC to change their attitude. Money is the bottom line for them. When the subscription is dropped, it is important to let the AJC know in writing the reason for dropping the subscription.

drinking.gif

Originally posted by PhilipVU94:
I can't help wondering if the complacency about cheating has been fueled by "hometown" journalism such as what those of us who've spent time in Nashville are used to from the Tennessean. For over a week now they've been running a litany of stories saying essentially "The Tee Martin thing isn't so bad" in a million and one different ways.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I concur. The Tennesean is almost strangely quiet over the whole controversy, i.e. "what problem?"

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Maybe more Yellow Jacket fans are dropping their subscription to the AJC than we realize. That is the only thing that will cause their attitudes to change.

drinking.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Whose attitudes?

Fellas, unless you think there's "no such thing as bad publicity", we've gotta recognize that those lyin' Atlanta papers are giving the SEC hell. Including UGA's Adams.

Hopefully getting this kind of persistent criticism from the region's largest newspaper will be the first step to reform. I can't help wondering if the complacency about cheating has been fueled by "hometown" journalism such as what those of us who've spent time in Nashville are used to from the Tennessean. For over a week now they've been running a litany of stories saying essentially "The Tee Martin thing isn't so bad" in a million and one different ways.

(I mean "hometown" bias in favor of UT, obviously, hence the quotes around hometown. The UTennessean only thinks it's the Knoxville paper. Of course they'd never say anything good about VU. Where's the fun in being a frontrunner if you can't support a successful team at all costs?)

Anyway, forgive my axe to grind, but quite seriously I do think a complacent media in places like Nashville, Birmingham, Florida, etc. probably adds to the tendency to cheat. My hope is that the AJC going after it will force the SEC to clean up it's act. But i'm dubious -- will fans stop watching games just because both they can no longer maintain the willing suspension of disbelief and pretend their school's clean? It's doubtful. And until they feel the consequences in gate receipts or TV revenue, the SEC schools have a huge incentive to try staying one step ahead of the sheriff.

So in short, be glad Bobby Dodd got you out of this mess.

BellySeries, read my post again about the AJC. Now, you can delete your post. After you delete your post, I will delete this one.

drinking.gif

You're saying that the AJC is running a huge national story bashing the SEC to get GT fans to re-subscribe?
That can't be what you're saying, ahso!

I had not given that a thought, but I did say money talks. The journals base their rates for advertising on their subscription base.

If they begin to see a lot of dropped subscriptions with attached lettera explaining the reason for dropping the subscriptiona, it will definitely get their attention.

If most of the dropped subscriptions have the same reason attached, it will get their attenion even moreso.

wink.gif

A little justified SEC bashing does not make up for the years of UGA bias that the paper has demonstrated. I haven't read it in 2 years, and never will again. Given the large amount of quality info on the internet (See www.gojackets.com/dailybuzz ) I will never read that garbage newspaper again.

Back