AJC Super 11

PasadenaJacket

Varsity Lurker
Another year, another class of Super 11's bypassing Tech.

https://www.ajc.com/super-11/

If memory serves, the last Super 11 to come to Tech was AJ Suggs, after transferring to Tennessee. The last Super 11 commit I remember was Derrick Stegall. Anyone know different? Has it really been 26 years?

yellowbritchies

Flats Noob

If memory serves, the last Super 11 to come to Tech was AJ Suggs, after transferring to Tennessee. The last Super 11 commit I remember was Derrick Stegall. Anyone know different? Has it really been 26 years?
Didn't Stegall transfer too? As far as the Super 11, 5 to ugay, 1 Clem, 1 Aub,1 Tn, 1 ND 1 OSU, 1 Mich. I really wonder if Tech actually tries to recruit these players or figures there's no way.

jmichaelight

Varsity Lurker

No, it hasn’t. Shamire Devine, BJ Bostic and count JJ Green as well.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?

Does Calvin Johnson ring any bells for you, smart guy?

GoldZ

Dodd-Like
Didn't Stegall transfer too? As far as the Super 11, 5 to ugay, 1 Clem, 1 Aub,1 Tn, 1 ND 1 OSU, 1 Mich. I really wonder if Tech actually tries to recruit these players or figures there's no way.
If the kid has a 1100 SAT, extra hs math, AND actually desires to bust his arse to get a first class education, then yes, Tech is all over him (whether he wants to play 3O or not). If he has zero interest in a STEM program or is an ugag (or fill in the blank) devotee, perhaps not. Our coaches know full well who the best players are and which of them merit our meager resources.
It seems sometimes that people believe Tech and ugag recruit exactly the same players.....hardly (maybe 7 or 8 out of 22+), sometimes a few more and sometimes a few less.

manjano mdudu

Varsity Lurker
Since we know we have offered the vast majority of Georgia’s 2019 Top 50 players while holding back even more offers from guys that don’t fit our system, would that mean that the vast majority of the state’s top players this year have an SAT of over 1100? If so, that’s certainly promising for future recruiting. If not, would that mean that our 1100 line in the sand can blow around a bit and may in fact only be for public consumption?

Last edited:

GoldZ

Dodd-Like
Since we know we have offered the vast majority of Georgia’s 2019 Top 50 players while holding back even more offers from guys that don’t fit our system, would that mean that the vast majority of the state’s top players this year have an SAT of over 1100? If so, that’s certainly promising for future recruiting. If not, would that mean that our 1100 line in the sand can blow around a bit and may in fact only be for public consumption?
C'mon mdudu, please understand the difference between an "expression of interest" and a committable offer. When recruiting progresses to the official visit stage, transcripts get a bit more vetted, and even then a "offer" is conditional on final scores/grades. Yes, the SAT minimum is flexible based on grades and demonstrated work ethic via teachers/coaches, but no, the SAT average of our football team is a fact and not simply for public consumption.
You seem to believe our academic hurdles when it comes to the size of our recruiting pool, is unicornish. You would be seriously mistaken. Could we do better---of course we can, but changing our O system and/or coaches would at best make a marginal difference in the W-L column. Don't even think of bringing up Ross/O'Leary due to a much much different academic landscape.

Last edited:

18in32

Petard Hoister
Thanks, I didn't know that. I was living overseas for those years. Really wasn't expecting the blowup. I'm actually a Johnson fan.
I think on the internet you should always expect a blowup, you ******!

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
Not metro ATL.
Super 11 isn't confined to metro ATL. Some guy from Clinch County (which some years ago gave us Jonathan Smith) is on it.
That's about as non metro ATL in this state as you can get.