Al Ciraldo broadcast of the 1990 UVA win - full copy requested

BigDanT

Paul Finebald has no dick.
I’m really hoping to watch/listen soon. Honestly haven’t heard too many Ciraldo calls.

GT76

Flats Noob
I’m really hoping to watch/listen soon. Honestly haven’t heard too many Ciraldo calls.
Well, it starts like this:
“Toot of the whistle.”
“Toe meets leather; high kick!”

byteback

Dodd-Like
“Toot of the whistle.”
And.....

"Dewberry from under BIG John Davis.....Here's the toss to Robert Lavette...he's at the 15! He's at the 25! Tackled at the 26 yard line!! Pick up of four yards!! Ramblin' Robert Lavette now with 54 yards in 18 carries as he carries the load for the Jackets!"

GO JACKETS!!
byteback

00Burdell

Dodd-Like
Honestly haven’t heard too many Ciraldo calls.
I can help out with that...

Al Ciraldo
Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig John Davis up over that football
The snap
Dewberry hands to Lavette...
Dewberry back to PASS
The man is there!!
FUMBLE!!
FLAG!!
Lavette to the 31 yard line

Then, Kim King would offer an explanation
No, Al, Dewberry faked the handoff to Lavette and play-action passed to Gary Lee but we were offsides and Lee just batted the pass down after hearing the whistle.

Al Ciraldo
Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig John Davis up over that football...

Kevin Thomas

A country boy can survive!
“Toot of the whistle.”
My favorite was, "Toot of the whistle." Toe meets leather, it's a looooong, high kick, handled at the 20!" GOD BLESS AL, nobody better to call a basketball game though.

byteback

Dodd-Like
My favorite was, "Toot of the whistle." Toe meets leather, it's a looooong, high kick, handled at the 20!" GOD BLESS AL, nobody better to call a basketball game though.
"Free throw is in the air.......goot!"

GO JACKETS!!
byteback

Supersize that order mutt

Varsity Lurker
For anyone still viewing this thread who are interested, I uploaded the video of the GT-UVA game to Rumble and will post the links now. The first link is for the video of the game with the Al-Kim play by play synched with the telecast, and the second link is a video of the game with the TV Network announcers providing the play by play ---

JollyGoodFellow90GT#1

Varsity Lurker
For anyone still viewing this thread who are interested, I uploaded the video of the GT-UVA game to Rumble and will post the links now. The first link is for the video of the game with the Al-Kim play by play synched with the telecast, and the second link is a video of the game with the TV Network announcers providing the play by play ---
Thank you, Supersize..., for posting the radio broadcast of Al Ciraldo and Kim King covering the Virginia game in 1990! I'm also from Augusta and vividly remember watching the CBS TV broadcast of that game on WRDW Channel 12. My dad still has the old Kodak VHS tape of that game. He and I still watch it together every couple of years. I've told him about your link of Al and Kim's radio broadcast. Listening to them brings back such good Tech memories!

I had forgotten about that AM radio station out of Augusta. Unfortunately, they would often stop the broadcast as soon as the game had concluded. I used to enjoy listening to Al interview the players in the locker room after a big win. It seems like there was another radio station we could pick up that would often broadcast the "post show", which included Al's locker room interviews of the players. My dad also still has a tape cassette of Al interviewing "Big Bam Bam" Willie Burks on the radio in 1989 when we beat Georgia at home (Bobby Dodd Stadium). In that game, Bam Bam intercepted the ball and dragged several Georgia Bullfrogs with him. He nearly scored a touchdown!

GO JACKETS!

Supersize that order mutt

Varsity Lurker
Thank you, Supersize..., for posting the radio broadcast of Al Ciraldo and Kim King covering the Virginia game in 1990! I'm also from Augusta and vividly remember watching the CBS TV broadcast of that game on WRDW Channel 12. My dad still has the old Kodak VHS tape of that game. He and I still watch it together every couple of years. I've told him about your link of Al and Kim's radio broadcast. Listening to them brings back such good Tech memories!

I had forgotten about that AM radio station out of Augusta. Unfortunately, they would often stop the broadcast as soon as the game had concluded. I used to enjoy listening to Al interview the players in the locker room after a big win. It seems like there was another radio station we could pick up that would often broadcast the "post show", which included Al's locker room interviews of the players. My dad also still has a tape cassette of Al interviewing "Big Bam Bam" Willie Burks on the radio in 1989 when we beat Georgia at home (Bobby Dodd Stadium). In that game, Bam Bam intercepted the ball and dragged several Georgia Bullfrogs with him. He nearly scored a touchdown!

GO JACKETS!
Check your PM thread. I just messaged you there.

00Burdell

Dodd-Like
Excellent, Sir. Excellent.

coit

Smarter than Diseqc
Say, you wouldn’t happen to have the Citrus Bowl broadcast as well would you?

And maybe the Dwag game?