Alan Jackson...NOT a Tech Fan

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
Went to the Alan Jackson concert at the Gwinnett Arena on Friday night. Big crowd, and a beautiful building. It was my first time to this venue, and my first time to a "Country Music" concert. I go to 5 or 6 rock or classic rock shows a year, but for no real reason had never made a country show.
Alan played up his "HomeBoy" angle every chance he got, and the crowd loved it. He is truly a talent and deserves his success.
On one of his final numbers, a song that he sings about his Georgia roots, the large projector behind him was showing slides and video clips of Newnan (his hometown), Atlanta, and the State. It showed ALL the local landmarks. Big Chicken and Varsity kind of stuff, etc...Showed two shots of Ga. State even. But several shots of UGA Football icons brought the house down with the unquestionable loudest cheers of the evening. I had floor seats, and the noise got so loud down there that it reached a level where it has that numbing ear-ringing effect.
No shots of Ga. Tech though. Maybe he went to GSU, or maybe he just feels like GSU is the school that best represents Atlanta. 51-7 was alive and well at the Gwinnett Arena. Thanks Gailey.
BOO

The 51-7 thrashing is over, we can replay it forever but the score will always remain the same. My suggestion is get over it and drive on!

Get real, BDG...any large crowd in Georgia will have a larger percentage of Bulldogs than Jackets; consequently the Bulldogs will make more noise...has nothing to do with 51-7 or Chan Gailey...are you sure BDG isn't short for Bulldog?

Originally posted by oldfoggy:
The 51-7 thrashing is over, we can replay it forever but the score will always remain the same. My suggestion is get over it and drive on!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">well said! time to start plotting payback!
drinking.gif

Jackson is hard core kuntry. What did you expect? If he's got a website, go there and complain. Personally, I don't like his music or his attitude anyway.

Did he ever get the hole patched in the knee of his jeans?
Somehow my guess is that his core constituency not only can't do calculus ,they can't even spell it.

Attitude? Jackson is about as laid back as they come.
The point I am making is that he dissed Tech and played to the UGA crowd to get the big cheer. But, if Tech was beating UGA at football(the complete opposite of 51-7), then I would bet that he probably would have shown GT photos as well, or only. And by the way, NO ONE should "get over it". Remember that infamous score until pay back is fully achieved.
BOO

I am not believing this topic is being debated, much less started/posted. What in the world would you expect at an Alan Jackson concert? Heck, the only thing missing is you telling us at one point someone jumped up on stage, grabbed his mic and yelled "rednecks rule!" You turned an Alan Jackson concert review into a slam at our football HC. Do GT fans a favor and go away.

Let's be realistic here. The UGA fans outnumber us...and like you said, they're a winning program. Everyone likes a winner, even those who didn't attend UGA. You can go to an Atlanta Symphony concert, a Guns and Roses concert, or a Norah Jones concert and if a UGA emblem or landmark was flashed on the screen, it would gain a loud applause. Would the same happen to a tech logo? Frankly, I think not unless that concert was held in our own football stadium. Sheer numbers and the direction of the programs are the motivating there. Just my little ol humble opin-yun.

lets face it , they kicked our arse and embarrassed tech. they had a great year, although i bleed white and gold, it very well could happen again this year.

I'm a UGA alumni, fan and season ticket holder who hates country music. I could care less what Alan Jackson thinks about UGA, GT, GState, Mercer, or Berry College.

Back