Alcohol Sales Pilot Program

I understand the appeal for a Cold One at the game,

but judging by the eagerness of SOME on this issue over the last few months I really have to wonder whether they are alcoholics.

Hope not.

I should help bring some extra revenue in which is the big win here. I doubt it negatively affects the game environment too much because the people who are going to get after it are likely already sneaking alcohol into the game.

I should help bring some extra revenue in which is the big win here. I doubt it negatively affects the game environment too much because the people who are going to get after it are likely already sneaking alcohol into the game.

I agree that you should help bring some additional revenue.

May get beer sales at Bobby Dodd this fall.

I don’t look forward to sitting around a bunch of foul language, drunk obnoxious Clemson and UGA fans. Just my two cents but they need to leave the alcohol at the Pro games or in the boxes on the west side.

I don’t look forward to sitting around a bunch of foul language, drunk obnoxious Clemson and UGA fans. Just my two cents but they need to leave the alcohol at the Pro games or in the boxes on the west side.
I don't get this argument from people. Do you honestly think people that are going to drink at a game only do so if the stadium sells alcohol? Do you think all of the ones that don't drink or only drink a few will now come in and get hammered and be obnoxious just because we sell alcohol? I expect that you will see very little difference in gameday atmosphere, other than maybe larger crowds that are there earlier and stay later.

I've said for years the only way to make football attendance not terrible is to sell alcohol in the stadium. Period.

Glad to see they're experimenting.

So is this only for military and airline pilots or can private pilots buy beer at a game too?

They cannot be any worse. Those that are going to drink have already gotten loaded while tailgating. I’d rather keep them drunk than dealing with them as they hit streaks of anger while sobering during the game. Plus, I’ll enjoy having a beer while watching the Jackets.

Great move. Have to compete with the, "why not just stay home and watch it" crowd as well as capture some additional revenue. Also, it's so much easier to sneak in liquor - which is what gets some people stupid drunk. If offering beer sales in stadium, I suspect you will have fewer people sneaking in the hard stuff and fewer people that are trashed. It will make concession and bathroom lines longer though...

I understand the appeal for a Cold One at the game,

but judging by the eagerness of SOME on this issue over the last few months I really have to wonder whether they are alcoholics.

Hope not.
Called it

A beer or so is fine, but judging from how expensive a coca cola is in the stadium, I figure nobody will be getting sauced

We need a local brewery to come out with Buzz Brew. The slogan would be "Catch a Buzz at Grant Field."

Back