All over the AJC

bellyseries

Dodd-Like
I thought this flunk-out/Gailey screws up again/GT football is history scandal was supposed to be all over the AJC today. What I see is the front page headline about another Dawg screw-up. Front page. Dawg screw-up.

Does anyone have any real information about the GT situation? Is there a situation? Or are we simply hysterical?

belly, master b has a post on the hive where he talks about john hollis being on his toes asking for interviews for 5 hours last night.

all this talk is still unsubstantiated. tech is yet to release any official word on it, and it is believed that this will happen tomorrow because tomorrow is registration or something like that.

we'll know about it then.

As I posted earlier, 53 SA's did not perform up to par last semester. However, right now, only 3 of them have a "drop" status. I'm not at liberty to give any more details.

BBR

Bubba Rae, if 53 student athletes did not measure up to par, it would seem the problem is bigger than Gailey and has nothing to do with him.

I have another thought, are the administrators of the tutors and tutoring system loyal to the last administration and upset over their departure. If 53 students are at risk, there would have to be some kind of conspiracy or problem bigger than a failure of Gailey.

That would almost eliminate Gailey from any part of the problem.

wink.gif

All of the administrators (academic advisors) with football from the previous administration were let go after GOL left.

General Wood thanks for the information. Well, I can throw that idea out the window.

grin.gif

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Bubba Rae, if 53 student athletes did not measure up to par, it would seem the problem is bigger than Gailey and has nothing to do with him.

I have another thought, are the administrators of the tutors and tutoring system loyal to the last administration and upset over their departure. If 53 students are at risk, there would have to be some kind of conspiracy or problem bigger than a failure of Gailey.

That would almost eliminate Gailey from any part of the problem.

wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'm not speaking for or against Gailey on this issue. Just giving the facts.

The biggest goof-up was not on the football team, though.

BBR

My info says that the hill dropped them, they have to go before the undergraduate curriculum committee, and they determine whether they are on review, drop, probation, or warning. The question then becomes, how many hours have they passed since only 25% of required hours can be completed during the summer?

One of the eleven was dropped for other reasons

Back