Almost ran over Clemson's football team ...

Big Bubba Ray

Dodd-Like
Almost ran over Clemson\'s football team ...

... while driving on campus today. Apparently they are using our facilities to practice for the Peach Bowl.

BBR

Re: Almost ran over Clemson\'s football team ...

Well, I'm sure most will disagree, but when that game starts they represent us along with the rest of the ACC and not just Clemson.

I would hope we help them any way we can so that they will beat an SEC team. I'm for any advantage we give them as long as it's with no detriment to our program.

I would hope they would do the same for us. It shows class on our part if that's what we did.

I believe, by contract, GT always provides the practice facility for the ACC team in the Peach Bowl. My question is why can the Dome not have assigned times for both teams to practice there every day they are here?

Originally posted by techfowl:
Well, I'm sure most will disagree, but when that game starts they represent us along with the rest of the ACC and not just Clemson.

I would hope we help them any way we can so that they will beat an SEC team. I'm for any advantage we give them as long as it's with no detriment to our program.

I would hope they would do the same for us. It shows class on our part if that's what we did.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Why would anyone disagree?? You hit the nail right on the head....Clemson IS ACC and therefore we SHOULD pull for them in the Peach Bowl..We Should pull for ANY ACC team that is playing an Out Of Conference game..Especially a Bowl Game...A win for Clemson is a Win for the ACC...You bet the house every ugag fan is pulling for lsu in the Sugar Bowl and their ongoing sec hype...Funny that is only their 2nd participant (sec that is in the BIG BCS title game)But every ugag fan ive talked to..Is pulling for lsu and saying they are the best team in the country..Of course thay are as they beat their over-hyped dogs and are in the sec...Your dang right Im pulling for Clemson!!!!!And every other ACC team!!!!

To clarify: I wasn't trying to run over them.
wink.gif

When I realized who they were, I rolled down the window and talked to a few of them. I told them to "Be sure and give those SOBs from Tennesee Hell!" and wished them well.

BBR

Heard on TV just a few minutes ago that Coach Philip Fulmer got a contract extension and a raise to $1.8 million because Tennessee made it to the Peach Bowl to play Clemson. He was scheduled to be fired, but now they think he is great! I did not know that the ACC and Clemson demanded that much respect.

went to Mobile, AL last week for Christmas at the in-laws.

On the morning of the 24th, my cell phone rings and it's 790 The Zone telling me I've won 2 tickets to the Peach Bowl.

Went to pick them up yesterday, I'm on the Tennessee side, upper level, 30 yard line. (35,000 fans singing Rocky Top ad nauseum for 4 straight hours)

What do we do?

1. Get drunk, wear Georgia Tech gear, and pull for Clemson?

2. Get drunk, wear Georgia Tech gear, and pull for Tennessee?

3. Get drunk, wear Georgia Tech gear, scalp the tickets Friday morning for the going rate of $300 per pair, and use the money for Tech season tickets in 2004?
laugh.gif

Decisions, decisions!

GO ACC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't know they were going for that much.

I think I'll get drunk, scalp my tickets, and pull for Clemson.

2Big, scalp the tickets, save the money for season tickets to Tech next year, watch the game on TV, and pull for Clemson to beat Tennessee.

Father Time

Back