Am I the only GT fan that cheers against The Braves, Falcons, and United?

I'm not a fan of any of them but that's honestly a pretty dumb reason to root against them.

Also I feel like engaging with them and building ties between the organizations (which I believe Collins is trying to do) would be really beneficial for us.

I'll root for Atlanta United. I don't have pre-existing allegiances to any other soccer team.

I don't keep up with baseball much but I am a big NFL fan. My first sports love was the Denver Broncos. Growing up in the 80s the Falcons were a joke of a team and I had family in Denver that was happy to get me Elway jerseys. Didn't cheer against the Falcons but they were pretty irrelevant. Fast forward to Super Bowl XXXIII. My Broncos were defending champs and back in the big game against.......the Falcons. It was a fun build up and I caught a lot of flack for my Bronco gear but it was a fun week (oh yeah...Broncos won!).

I kind of feel sorry for Falcons fans. They go in to every season with such hope but it never ever pays off for them.

I miss the Thrashers....that was my Atlanta pro team but oh well.

Welcome back. Hopefully you and coit can resume your courtship
2okm.gif

CGC has been taking our players to ATL United and Braves games. Also we’ve been able to practice and (eventually) play at the Megatron Butthole.

So I’d rather us engage with the other locals than actively root against them...which would be toxic and unproductive.

CGC has been taking our players to ATL United and Braves games. Also we’ve been able to practice and (eventually) play at the Megatron Butthole.

So I’d rather us engage with the other locals than actively root against them...which would be toxic and unproductive.
Totally agree....while not a fan of the Falcons myself I think Tech can and should have a good relationship with them.

I don't keep up with baseball much but I am a big NFL fan. My first sports love was the Denver Broncos. Growing up in the 80s the Falcons were a joke of a team and I had family in Denver that was happy to get me Elway jerseys. Didn't cheer against the Falcons but they were pretty irrelevant. Fast forward to Super Bowl XXXIII. My Broncos were defending champs and back in the big game against.......the Falcons. It was a fun build up and I caught a lot of flack for my Bronco gear but it was a fun week (oh yeah...Broncos won!).

I kind of feel sorry for Falcons fans. They go in to every season with such hope but it never ever pays off for them.

I miss the Thrashers....that was my Atlanta pro team but oh well.
Isn’t it weird how the people who cheer for other teams never pick losers. They always nutsack cling to historically good teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Broncos.... Not many Cleveland fans from Atlanta.

And then they use their “adoption”/nutsack sucking as some sort of superiority complex over people who pull for the local teams. Oh you’re a Falcons fan... psh.. I’m a lifelong New England/Duke/Bama.

Back