Analysis so far.

#1stinga6

Dodd-Like
Well I here a lot of talk about how nesbitt isn't this and that and how we could do things a lot better. Let me remind you that we were not expected to win that many games this year... and rightfully so. We are a young team, our guards and center are horrendous and we are still learning a new system which will take a full year to learn if not more. We have fumbled most of the time because of fundamental errors with the new offense. Our defensive secondary is actually pretty good; however, we lack "good" linebacker play. I still believe that we will win as many games as last year if not one more. After watching VT game on saturday, I saw a lot of good things from the football team. We are a determined TEAM this year. We are playing to win. It will continued to be a building process. I will say that we need to find if anybody can do better at the guard positions. All in all good game on Saturday despite a game changing fumble before half and a horrendous call on helmet to helmet. It was a tough loss, but the season goes on, and we will more football games. :biggthumpup:

On the LB note we are missing two out of three starters at least right now...

I have been very pleased the few last week. When Nesbitt and Dwyer are seniors, watch out! We will be beating USC 35-3 in the MNC :fingersx:

When those two were playing we still did not have the lb presence we needed, and the word is Jefferson may be redshirting for medical reasons.

Much of the lack of run D we tend to lay on the DL this year was provided by Wheeler, Guyton and Bowen/Barnes last year. Two are playing on Sundays and two aren't playing right now.

This is huge.

Wheeler and Guyton particularly, and Bowen to a lesser degree, were very good against the run. Our DL is playing very well right now, but the LB's are not filling as aggressively or making the plays we are used to our LB's playing. It's just a function of youth. Those guys will be a very good corps for the next 2-3 years once they get their game down.

Back