And another ACC team...

G

Geetee

bites the dust! (our conference champions at that).

Yep, the league isn't down this year. If not for a crazy fumble when Navy only had to run out the clock to win, Boston College would have lost, too.

Ramblinwise - want to argue that point, now?

GeeTee,

You're an idiot, go back to DawgVent. The ACC was 4-4 with close losses by GT and Wake against much higher ranked teams. If all you want to do is run down the school and conference then go put the wheels back on your mobile home and leave.

Nah, the league rocked this year! Our conference champions got beat by double digits, our highest ranked team in VT at #14 (with the nation's #1 defense) got beat by unranked UGA, we get beat by WV without their starting rb and whose defense was ranked 100 out of 119, BC has to get a crazy lucky fumble at the end to win their game, Miami squeeks by Nevada of all teams, Clemson loses to Kentucky, and FSU beats a 6 loss UCLA team. Will we have any ACC teams ranked in the top 20 when the final polls come out? FSU barely bowl eligible and says bye to its OC, Miami fires its coach, NC State fires its coach...and you want to pretend the conference wasn't weak, I guess, by calling me an idot. :)

Reality bites sometimes. Hopefully, the league will be better next year, but for this year, we stunk up the place.

1.) Geetee is right, the league is down this year. There is no arguement.

2.) Geetee incorrectly tried to use the bowl games as example as to why the league is down. The ACC showed up in their bowlgames. Could very well have been 6-2 or 7-1.

Its stupid even trying to use this to further your arguement geetee.

How many ways do you need to beat in an old stale point. I don't think many would argue that the ACC is not down this year. And if they do, theyre as dumb as you are for trying to use the Bowl games to further your arguement.

GT1992 said:
GeeTee,

You're an idiot, go back to DawgVent. The ACC was 4-4 with close losses by GT and Wake against much higher ranked teams. If all you want to do is run down the school and conference then go put the wheels back on your mobile home and leave.

If all you can do is call names and not generate discussion fairly then you need to go back in your hole and hide.

To imply the ACC is not down this year is a stretch. We will not end up with one team in top 15 maybe 20. If the pollsters see it clearly across the nation why are you having trouble seeing it??

Now next year will be different. The ACC for the most part had very young teams this year. Almost all teams are returning over 12 starters and some as much as 18. It will be a very different leagues next year with new coaches and alot more experience throughout the league. It will be a real test of the hypothesis that a first year coach has to build a program up and cannot win right away.

BarrelORum said:
2.) The ACC showed up in their bowlgames. Could very well have been 6-2 or 7-1.

weak. What school or conference can't always say we could have been this or done that.

BarrelORum said:
2.) Geetee incorrectly tried to use the bowl games as example as to why the league is down.

You're right. I shouldn't look at rankings (or probable final rankings to make that call). I shouldn't look at how the ACC fared during the end of the season against non-ACC teams (SC beat Clemson, UGA beat GT, UF beat FSU), I shouldn't tie this to bowl games where the ACC's top teams all got beat. I should only look at the regular season when we only played against fellow ACC teams, who were obviously not strong this year... :hsugh: Is that what you're saying?

You're really not good at reading someone's post and understanding what they say are you Geetee. Just to try to clarify for you, BOR is agreeing that the league was down. What he was trying to explain is that the league did better in their bowl games than many would have thought. For example the top 2 teams were underdogs in their games. So saying they lost isn't saying anything profound. In fact, both covered the spread so one could argue that the ACC wasn't as bad as some thought. Get it?

Just one more example of you throwing everything you can find at the wall and hopeing something sticks. Try finding a few facts that make your point and leaving it at that. As you try to expand your "facts" you invariably screw up the argument you're trying to make.

Geetee said:
Nah, the league rocked this year! Our conference champions got beat by double digits, our highest ranked team in VT at #14 (with the nation's #1 defense) got beat by unranked UGA, we get beat by WV without their starting rb and whose defense was ranked 100 out of 119, BC has to get a crazy lucky fumble at the end to win their game, Miami squeeks by Nevada of all teams, Clemson loses to Kentucky, and FSU beats a 6 loss UCLA team. Will we have any ACC teams ranked in the top 20 when the final polls come out? FSU barely bowl eligible and says bye to its OC, Miami fires its coach, NC State fires its coach...and you want to pretend the conference wasn't weak, I guess, by calling me an idot. :)

Reality bites sometimes. Hopefully, the league will be better next year, but for this year, we stunk up the place.

I never denied the conference was down, only that you take glee in pointing it out every chance you get. Your perpetual bashing and trying to change things that you cannot is what makes you an idiot. That plus an inability to read a chart that says defensive passing stats, which is where WVU's pass defense was rated 100, not the overall.

Well, that's the closest Geetee's come to answering a question yet I guess.

The ACC is down, mainly because the ACC last year had one of the best drafts for any conference in history. While GT and VPI came close to winning their games, BC and Miami also barely won their games.

Still, the ACC is not as down as some are suggesting. Louisville, WVU and UGA (at the end of the year) were all good to great teams and we didn't get blown out by them. I consider the SEC much better than the ACC this year, the Big East, Big 10 and PAC 10 marginally better or equal and the Big 12 worse.

Geetee said:
I should only look at the regular season when we only played against fellow ACC teams, who were obviously not strong this year... :hsugh: Is that what you're saying?

No let me spell it out for you geetee. I agree with you. The ACC is down. But for you to use the bowlgames to make a dead horse point AGAIN with another wasted thread topic so you can feel giddy is completely worthless.

1.) The bowlgames don't support THE FACT that the ACC is weak

But more importantly short bus rider...

2.) The point didn't need to be made because we already know it.

But thanks for pointing out the obvious in yet ANOTHER way to make it look like you know so much. You point out the obvious like its an arguement you are making and not a known fact. Do you get it?

It would be like me coming on here and saying "Just another fine example of why the Empire State Building is Tall!" Someone disagree with me that the Empire State Building is NOT tall!! Someone, because I'll show them with all these poignant facts. Like the one that shows the Empire Statebuilding to the longitude of planet X. Why not make an arguement about the Empire State Building being tall in comparison to other sky scrapers? Is Planet X even relevant? Oh wait a minute, who the hell cares, I'm pointing out the obvious.

Get back on the short bus dummy!

With Miami and FSU having mediocre seasons at best, yes, the league was somewhat down this year. However, other teams did step up and have good seasons.

Using bowl games to argue this point is pointless to me. The ACC finished 4-4, using the SEC for comparison purposes, sits at 4-3 w/ 2 to play.

In the ACC, FSU and Maryland won their games rather convincingly, although FSU trailed early. BC and Miami won games that could have gone either way. GT and VT lost games under the same circumstances. WF, although they were in it for a good while, did not have the speed or playmakers of L'ville. Clemson got whipped.

In the SEC, Kentucky put the whipping on Clemson. SC, UGA and Auburn won games that could have gone either way and Bama and Arkansas lost games under the same circumstances. Tennessee didn't show up against Joe Pa.

What does all of this tell you ...absolutely nothing, except that out of 15 bowl games played by ACC and SEC schools, about two-thirds of them could have gone either way, with Maryland and Kentucky the most convincing in their wins.

BarrelORum said:
1.) The bowlgames don't support THE FACT that the ACC is weak

:laugher:

so, then look at the regular season... the SEC clobbered us. But, hey, we were competive with each other. :hsugh:

The point, is that we know the ACC was down. But you keep trying to find new ways to "demonstrate" it, often picking things that don't prove your point. Plus it's getting old as hell.

And We Keep .....

ncjacket said:
The point, is that we know the ACC was down. But you keep trying to find new ways to "demonstrate" it, often picking things that don't prove your point. Plus it's getting old as hell.

finding new ways to respond to him and only encourage further responses and posts from him. I would suggest we ignore him when his only purpose is to provoke and respond only when he is trying to make legitimate arguments.

Geetee said:

GTee--we played WVU without our best DB and our QB .The loss of Scott was a much bigger blow to our defense than we give credit.Some of the completions by White would have been a question mark with Scott in the game.

Let's be honest here wilmoo. Playing without our qb was definitely to our advantage.

Back