AND ANOTHER

So when praise is cascaded upon this year's recruits, our opinions of their priorities / talent or lack thereof will not be changed 1 or 2 years from now if things do not work out?

Were we sad when those that have transferred signed with us 1 or 2 years ago?
Are you stupid or something?

Come on guys, no need to be dicks about it. Wish the young man well. I for one thought Philpott and Howell were the next big guys at the WR position. But I did hear rumblings of Jalen Camp and Dolphus making big strides up the depth chart.

We have scholarships for about 8 Rodrigos now.

So this leaves us 26 open ships, yes? Two early enrollees would leave us 28 holes to fill since our 2 early enrollees can be assigned to last year if desired. We gonna fill that 28?

I'm a bit confused by this. Assigning early enrollees to previous years helps when you are limited by a conference mandated yearly limit. Oversigning has been a problem in the SEC so they instituted a yearly limit. As far as I know the ACC has no yearly limit. GT is limited by total number of slots available for 2017. Pretty sure we have 26 slots to fill. I hope we reward one or two deserving walk-ons, that practice has paid off for us in the past.

I'm a bit confused by this. Assigning early enrollees to previous years helps when you are limited by a conference mandated yearly limit. Oversigning has been a problem in the SEC so they instituted a yearly limit. As far as I know the ACC has no yearly limit. GT is limited by total number of slots available for 2017. Pretty sure we have 26 slots to fill. I hope we reward one or two deserving walk-ons, that practice has paid off for us in the past.
Actually, the 25 signee limit is an NCAA limit.

It really sucks that we lose both Philpott and Howell. Those two had good size and speed and were highly recruited.

Back