And the AD finalists are.....

TechSBP

Dodd-Like
Read for yourself http://www.ajc.com/gatech/content/sports/gatech/stories/0221techad.html
Two quality candidates. And proof that you can decline to be interviewed by the media. We need to bee behind whoever is selected. Both appear fully capable of leading Tech. Its time to bury all hatchets, even if that means relinqushing any future claims to potential "I told you so's" if things do/don't go well in five years.

Remains to be seen if the "source" the AUC is claiming is totally accurate though.

Between those two,

I certainly have a favorite...but I don't get a vote and I agree with you that whoever gets the job will get my full support. I'm sure either one would be fine.

One little known fact. Many people mistakenly think Braine hired Beamer. He did not. Braine did keep Beamer through the tough years, but the guy who hired him was none other than the Dutch Baughman referenced in the article. Dutch was hired by the Hokies as their AD when Bill Dooley left. Dooley left it in such a mess that Baughman only stayed for a short period (less than a year I believe) and quit. Then they hired Braine.

Re: Between those two,

Great article. And the vote at the bottom is 509 to 511 in favor of Radakovich. Either way as Tech fans and alums we need to support FULLY whoever is chosen.
I actually had been leaning towards Curry to be chosen but after reading about DR I feel he is probly more qualified. Either way I'll be happy.

I agree, there would probably be a lot less 'up to speed' time as well as the fact that he'd come in with AD-type experiences from multiple schools.

He looks young too - could build quite a legacy if he's here for the duration.

Man, they should have done this poll thing from the beginning. Sure would have saved a lot of time.
When do the polls close? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I actually had been leaning towards Curry to be chosen but after reading about DR I feel he is probly more qualified. Either way I'll be happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree! I don't think we can go wrong with either choice. I have been strong on Curry, but I will have to say Radakovich's resume sounds impressive. I am just ready to get on with it and see some real positives for a change. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

I'm actually just more interested in how even it is and somewhat concerned. As evidenced by the divisiveness of the boards and fanbase on other matters (i.e. GAILEY!!!) this could be another spot of problems. But, hoping that we'll all join behind whomever is chosen.

The even split is a little frightening, but from most posts and people I've talked to it seems the vast majority like both candidates. It's only the 10% who hate curry, or have eyes only for him, that could be the problem. I'm sure they will be vocal after it is said and done (and safe).

We all may have preferences, but at this point, based on what I've heard about both candidates (many thanks to the Curry supporters on this board who shared their personal support for Curry), I'll support either one if selected. Too bad my support doesn't count for much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drinking.gif

"... there would probably be a lot less 'up to speed' time as well as the fact that he'd come in with AD-type experiences from multiple schools."

You've got it backwards. There will be much more up to speed time required for Radakovich to figure out how to cope with the issues that are totally unique to GT. Curry already has lived them. To my mind Curry's leadership qualities far outweigh Radakovich's superior administrative experience. Ask yourself which is easier to hire a leader or an administrator. Not putting Radakovich down because he undoubtably is a great person, but experienced bean counters are a dime a dozen. Individuals with charismatic leadership qualities who already understand the problems with producing winning sports programs at GT are few and far between.

Just was over on the multiple, multiple posts on the Hive calling for the LSU guy. Also an assertion in the AJC article that the LSU guy is Clough's choice.

Un-buh-leeve-able! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pat.gif

Curry all the way in this heat. No contest. Give CBCurry his chance. He's the man we need right now. CBCremins would be second.

How far up their arse have these peepul stuck their heads? I'm sure Radokovich is qualified but it's like the world has gone mad! What are you peepul thinking?!!! You're sure you want this guy to endorse Clough and Gailey for the next 20 years? What makes you think he has the chutspah to overcome the 'TECH mystique'?

Madness, I say!
I literally can't beelieve it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wtf.gif

It will be a grave mistake.....

If Clough chooses Radovich or whatever over Curry. How many times do we have to say that we need someone who CARES about Tech, not a "professional".

BC OR BC

Bill Curry or Bye Clough

Re: It will be a grave mistake.....

[ QUOTE ]
If Clough chooses Radovich or whatever over Curry. How many times do we have to say that we need someone who CARES about Tech, not a "professional".

BC OR BC

Bill Curry or Bye Clough

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been trying to tell people that and NOBODY will listen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soapbox.gif

Re: It will be a grave mistake.....

Well, say bye to clough then, cause ajc is reporting that it's the LSU guy that was chosen...

Back